first_img Which club has the best creative player? 1 Following Juan Mata’s display for Man United against Wolfsburg in the Champions League, a lot of focus has been on the game’s creative stars.Man City have struggled when David Silva is absent, while Eden Hazard, last season’s Player of the Year, is experiencing a dip in form, which is coinciding with the Blues’ poor start to the season.UNITED FANS: ‘MATA IS EVERYTHING ARSENAL FANS PRETEND OZIL IS’Who is the best playmaker in the Premier League? Is anyone missing from the list?last_img read more

first_imgA Transasia ATR-72, registration B-22810 performing flight GE-222 from Kaohsiung to Makung on the island of Penghu (Taiwan) with 54 passengers and 4 crew, has crashed was on final approach to Makung’s runway 02 in strong gusting winds killing 47.The aircraft on its second attempt to land crashed about 3000ft short of the runway, struck buildings and burst into flames. According to reports 11 people received injuries and were taken to hospitals.Website Aviation Herald says according to Taiwan authorities the ATR-72-212A registration B-22810 was 14 years in service. The captain of the flight was 60 years of age with 22,900 hours of experience and his first officer was 39 with 2,300 hours of experience. Taiwan’s DGCA said that the crew had decided to go around and positioned for a second approach, but contact was lost during the second attempt to land. The weather conditions for landing were suitable at 5000ft visibility and two other aircraft had successfully landed just prior to the accident aircraft.Aviation Herald said that emergency services reported that the crew had aborted the first approach due to heavy rain reducing visibility.Two people aboard the plane were French citizens and the rest Taiwanese.Typhoon Matmo had just passed across the island, causing heavy rains.Over 200 airline flights had been canceled earlier in the day due to rain and strong winds.Penghu, is a scenic chain of 64 islands and a popular tourist site about 90 miles southwest of Taipei.last_img read more

first_imgMinister of Communications Ayanda Dlodlo updating South Africa on issues surrounding the #PeacefulMarches that took place today around the country.Minister Ayanda Dlomo and Brand South Africa commend the public for exercising their rights peacefully and responsibly.Here’s some more on what the Minister had to say:last_img

first_img4:06 A police officer secures the area in front of the Masjid al Noor mosque Friday after a shooting incident in Christchurch. Tessa Burrows/Getty Images For every video of the mass shooting in New Zealand that YouTube and Facebook block, another two or three seem to replace it. On Friday, a gunman in Christchurch attacked Muslims praying at a mosque and livestreamed the shooting on Facebook. The social network removed the video and deleted the shooter’s account. But that didn’t stop the clip from spreading across the internet. The shooter referenced PewDiePie, a popular, if controversial, YouTube star and Fortnite, the hit social game, ensuring the video circulated wider and deeper on the web.The roughly 17-minute video was downloaded from Facebook. Then it was re-uploaded to YouTube multiple times, with new posts often appearing within minutes of each other. YouTube is encouraging users to flag any videos showing this clip and said it’s been removing thousands of videos related to the shooting in the last 24 hours.”Shocking, violent and graphic content has no place on our platforms, and we are employing our technology and human resources to quickly review and remove any and all such violative content on YouTube,” a YouTube spokesperson said in a statement. “As with any major tragedy, we will work cooperatively with the authorities.” screenshot-2019-03-15-at-10-17-51-amEnlarge ImageRe-uploads of the clip have been plaguing YouTube’s moderators, who are struggling to remove the videos. Alfred Ng / CNET The video-streaming giant uses algorithms, such as Content ID, that automatically detect when copyrighted materials like songs and movie clips are uploaded onto its platform, so they can be taken down by copyright owners. Google, which owns YouTube, didn’t specify what tools it was using to help control the spread of the New Zealand video, saying only that it was using smart-detection technology to remove the clips. The search for the violent videos underscores the difficulty social media companies have in detecting and removing hateful videos and comments. In what’s become a sad practice, videos of tragedies bounce around the web as tech giants try to purge them. Critics have pointed out that the New Zealand shooter was able to livestream his rampage for more than a quarter of an hour before Facebook shut it down.”This is flatly unacceptable,” Farhana Khera, the director of Muslim Advocates, said in a statement. “Tech companies must take all steps possible to prevent something like this from happening again.”Authorities in New Zealand reported that 49 people were killed and at least 20 wounded at two mosques. Three people have been arrested in connection with the attacks, and one suspect has been charged with murder.With more than 2 billion monthly active users on Facebook and nearly 2 billion monthly logged-in users on YouTube, these social media platforms have an enormous reach. Facebook said it’s continuing to search for any instances of the video on the social network, using reports from the community and human moderators, as well as tech tools. The social network has set up a system designed to automatically detect and remove clips that are visually similar to the original video. It’s also scanning for similar audio. “New Zealand Police alerted us to a video on Facebook shortly after the livestream commenced and we quickly removed both the shooter’s Facebook and Instagram accounts and the video,” Mia Garlick, a Facebook New Zealand spokeswoman, said in a statement. “We’re also removing any praise or support for the crime and the shooter or shooters as soon as we’re aware.”In addition, Facebook intends to take down any content that claims the shooting didn’t occur or that survivors are crisis actors.Facebook’s efforts haven’t stopped clips or links to the Facebook Live video from making their way to other social media sites, including Twitter, where they attracted thousands of views. Twitter, which prohibits users from glorifying violence on the site, uses a mix of technology and human reviewers to find the videos but also encourages users to report the content.  Reddit was also banning groups, including the r/watchpeopledie subreddit, after users shared a link to the shooter’s live video last night. “We are very clear in our site terms of service that posting content that incites or glorifies violence will get users and communities banned from Reddit,” a Reddit spokesperson said. “Subreddits that fail to adhere to those site-wide rules will be banned.”People were also reporting that they saw the video being shared in groups on Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp.Tech giants, including Facebook and Google, have automation that’s worked in the past for removing extremist videos.In 2016, The Guardian reported that Facebook and Google used algorithms similar to Content ID to automatically remove videos linked to ISIS. This technology looks for videos that have already been uploaded and flagged as violations. It then blocks those videos without requiring a human being to review them. Facebook uses similar tools for blocking revenge porn on its website, the company revealed in 2017. The gunman in New Zealand promoted his livestream and a manifesto on his Facebook account, along with 8Chan, a fringe message board, looking to use the internet to make his mass murder go viral. In his manifesto, the gunman referenced pop culture topics like PewDiePie, Fortnite and the video game Spyro the Dragon, in an attempt to draw more attention to his mass shooting. At one point, the shooter says, “Remember, lads, subscribe to PewDiePie.”The reference forced the YouTuber, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, to tweet that he was “sickened” by the shooting.As clips of the shooting continue to resurface, experts worry the video will inspire the next mass shooter.”This is one of the dark sides of social media, and something that’s almost impossible for the companies to do anything about. They’re not going to be able to block this material in real time,” said Paul Barrett, deputy director of the NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights. “It’s a real conundrum about the dangers that social media can facilitate.”Tom Watson, the deputy leader of the UK’s Labour Party, also called out tech platforms for struggling to stop the video’s spread. In a statement, Watson said he’d be writing to social media companies to ask why they failed to remove the clips. In a tweet, Watson said YouTube should have suspended all new uploads until it could prevent the New Zealand mass shooting video from spreading. “The failure to deal with this swiftly and decisively represents an utter abdication of responsibility by social media companies,” Watson said. “This has happened too many times. Failing to take these videos down immediately and prevent others being uploaded is a failure of decency.”  Tags Culture Facebook is putting women on the front line of its war… Originally published March 15, 8:24 a.m. PTUpdates, 9:26 a.m.: Adds comment from Muslim Advocates, background; 1:05 p.m.: Includes comment from Reddit and information about Twitter and WhatsApp; 1:28 p.m.: Adds more background, PewDiePie’s response. Correction, March 15 at 4:13 p.m.: Corrects Tom Watson’s affiliation; March 16: Adds details about efforts to remove the video and related content. Now playing: Watch this:last_img read more

first_imgMap of ChuadangaAt least 10 BNP leaders and activists were injured in a clash with police in front of Kedarganj BNP office in Chuadanga on Saturday morning.Witnesses said BNP leaders and activists started to gather in front of the BNP office in the morning to observe their 40th founding anniversary.When they tried to bring out a rally around 11:30am police obstructed them, which triggered a clash between the two sides.At one stage, police charged baton on the BNP men to disperse them.When additional police super Md Kalimullah rushed to the spot along with additional force the BNP men fled the scene.Haji Rabiul Haque Bablu, member convener committee of district unit BNP, claimed that police charged baton on their peaceful rally which left 10 BNP men injured.last_img read more

first_img Share Listen Listen 00:00 /00:59 Photo via Pixabay X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code:center_img 00:00 /07:55 To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Texas also saw a slight increase in the number of undocumented workers, though their overall share of the workforce was down.“Texas is also attracting U.S.-born workers and legal immigrant workers and those numbers are growing more rapidly,” according to Cohn. She said economic opportunity is likely what’s driving immigrants and others to come to the state.Using the interactive graph below, you can see undocumented population trends in Texas, the United States and other states, since 1990.The study comes as the Trump administration railed against Central American arrivals at the U.S. border and threatened to close it down. ….All will stay in Mexico. If for any reason it becomes necessary, we will CLOSE our Southern Border. There is no way that the United States will, after decades of abuse, put up with this costly and dangerous situation anymore!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 24, 2018Pew data also shows the median length of time an undocumented immigrant has lived in the U.S. is 15 years. X A new Pew Research Center study shows the undocumented population nationwide has dropped to its lowest number in a decade, down to 10.7 million people in 2016. The decline is partly due to a sharp decrease in the number of unauthorized Mexican immigrants arriving to the United States.However, the nationwide trend does not extend to the border state of Texas, though California, Arizona and New Mexico did see a decline in the unauthorized population since 2007.“Nationally, we’re seeing a decline in the number of unauthorized immigrants but in Texas the number was stable,” Pew researcher D’Vera Cohn told Houston Matters in an interview. The undocumented population in Texas was 1.55 million people in 2007 and 1.6 million people in 2016, creeping up 3% over those ten years. By contrast, in the 12 years prior to 2007, Texas’ unauthorized population doubled. last_img read more