first_imgAlan Higgins will fight in Finland this weekend in the Kilburn middleweight’s second professional bout.The 24-year-old, who was originally scheduled to appear at York Hall in Bethnal Green, will now take on Richard Hadju of Hungary at the Seinäjoki Arena.The switch came about because Higgins’ trainer CJ Hussein also works with Finnish cruiserweight Juho Haapoja, who is making a defence of his European title on the bill.Higgins enjoyed an impressive debut, stopping Emmanuel Moussinga in the first round at York Hall in July.See also:Perfect start for Kilburn boxer HigginsHiggins wins on professional debutFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

first_imgGeorge Groves remained on course for a world title shot by stopping Noe Gonzalez in the fifth round at the O2 Arena.Hammersmith’s unbeaten super-middleweight, 25, showed his promise with a slick performance, landing effectively with his left jab and several stiff rights before ending the contest in brutal fashion.Groves, the Commonwealth champion, floored Gonzalez with a crunching right to the chin and although the Uruguayan got to his feet, he looked groggy and referee Terry O’Connor opted not to let the fight continue.Gonzalez, 34, came to the ring having lost only twice – against former world champions Felix Sturm and Adonis Stevenson – and had won both his previous bouts in the first round.But Groves, whose leaky defence has previously caused some concern, held a tight guard when necessary and deceived his opponent with clever movement before delivering the decisive blow.The victory took his record to 19-0 and he is expected to fight again in September ahead of a possible world title challenge later in the year.See also:Booth rules out Groves-Magee encounterFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The American Farm Bureau Women’s Leadership Program has launched “Women in Ag,” an online survey that aims to gauge the goals, aspirations, achievements and needs of women in American agriculture in a variety of areas.All women who are farmers, ranchers, farm/ranch employees, employed in agricultural businesses, pursuing ag-related higher education or supportive of agriculture in other ways are invited to participate in the survey at fb.org/women. Respondents must reside in the United States. Farm Bureau membership is not required to participate.“This comprehensive survey asks women in-depth questions about how they are connected to agriculture and what leadership skills they think are most important today, as well as the top business challenges they’re facing,” said Sherry Saylor, an Arizona farmer and chair of the American Farm Bureau Women’s Leadership Committee. “We are seeking input from all women involved in agriculture — not just Farm Bureau members — for this survey,” Saylor said.Data collected from respondents will be used to gauge trends related to the achievements of women in agriculture, including leadership positions, business successes and election to public office. Results from the survey are slated for release in the fall and will add to findings gleaned from a similar survey conducted in 2014.The AFB Women’s Leadership Committee is sponsoring the survey and is working with other farm and agriculture organizations to encourage participation. Participants will be entered to receive one of five $100 gift cards after the survey closes on June 21.last_img read more

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest By Evin Bachelor, Law Fellow, Ohio State University Extension Agricultural and Resource Law ProgramThe Ohio Power Siting Board’s approval of new wind-turbine models in facility’s certificate does not constitute an amendment to the certificate for the purposes of triggering current turbine-setback requirements. In 2014, the Ohio Power Siting Board approved an application by Greenwich Windpark to construct a wind farm in Huron County with up to 25 wind turbines. In the initial application, all of the wind turbines would have used the same model of turbine. Just over a year after the application was approved, the wind farm developer applied for an amendment to add three additional models to the approved wind turbine model list, noting that the technology had advanced since its initial application. Two of the three newer models would be larger than the originally planned model, but would occupy the same locations and would comply with the minimum setback requirements at the time the application was approved.The issue involved whether the new setback requirements, which were put in place by the state between the initial approval and the requested change, should apply. An amendment to a certificate would trigger the current wind turbine setback requirements. Greenwich Windpark wanted the less restrictive setback requirements in their initial application to still apply to the newer models, but a local group wanted the more restrictive setback requirements to apply. The Ohio Power Siting Board said that adding the new wind turbine models would not be an amendment, and would not trigger the more restrictive setbacks. The Ohio Supreme Court sided with the Ohio Power Siting Board, explaining that the Ohio General Assembly wanted the Ohio Power Siting Board to have broad authority to regulate wind turbines.last_img read more

first_imgIn a bid to push for a Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has said that it planned to enroll 25,000 fresh Bajrang Dal “sainiks” as volunteers and also impart training in tridents to some of them.The new recruits would be imparted with “trishul deeksha,” the VHP said, but did not clarify if tridents would also be distributed to the Bajrang Dal members.Bajranj Dal was the youth wing of the VHP.The right-wing outfit had planned a “dharma sabha” in Ayodhya on November 25 and said representatives of various Hindu groups across the country would attend. A gathering would be held in Delhi on December 9, three days after the anniversary of the Babri Masjid demolition.”There is anger among Hindus due to the adjournment of the case,” said VHP vice-president Champat Rai, adding that the wait for a temple had now become “unbearable.”The VHP had threatened direct action. “If necessary, Bajrang Dal’s dedicated workers can march to Ayodhya any time for the construction of the temple on the instructions of the seers,” said Bholendra, VHP Awadh organisation secretary in a statement.Mr. Bholendra justified that the weapons training to Bajrang Dal recruits, saying it was part of “Indian tradition,” and such programmes were held to safeguard Hindu religion and culture.The VHP’s meeting in Ayodhya cames at a time when Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray was scheduled to visit Ayodhya on November 24 for two days.The events had alarmed Babri litigant Iqbal Ansari, who said the Muslims in Ayodhya felt insecure due to the heavy presence of Hindu outfits aggressively campaigning for a temple.”In 1992, too, the crowds gathered in a similar fashion. Mosques were destroyed, homes set on fire. What guarantee is there that something won’t happen if crowds gather again,” Mr. Ansari asked.He had threatened to leave Ayodhya if the security of the place was not increased before the VHP meet.last_img read more

first_imgStand-in captain Suresh Raina is happy that the new-look Indian team that got very little time to prepare for the West Indies series have produced results.India beat West Indies by three wickets here to clinch the five-match ODI series 3-0.”God has been very kind to all the boys. Credit goes to Duncan Fletcher, Eric Simmons and the other support staff. We have gelled well as a team. We didn’t get much time for preparation after IPL. We came here and had a few quality team meetings and practice sessions. That helped us,” Raina said at the post-match presentation ceremony.The Indian captain was all praise for man-of-the-match Andre Russell who scored an unbeaten 64-ball 92. “Russell played some amazing shots. Credit goes to Amit Mishra for bowling well.”Raina believes that Mishra may have role to play in the upcoming Test series. “We have the Tests coming up. These tracks are helpful for leggies and he (Mishra) has been among the wickets in the IPL and against South Africa as well.”The skipper admitted to having a bad shots and some of the shot selections weren’t upto the mark.”I played a bad shot, but Rohit and Harbhajan batted really well. Rohit has been in good form in the series having got his second fifty. I hope that he would do well in the remaining matches also.”Raina indicated that the likes of Manoj Tiwary, Ranganath Vinay Kumar and Ravichandran Ashwin are likely to be inducted in the first XI for the remaining few matches.advertisement”We have a couple of guys sitting on the bench. I hope everyone gets a chance in the last two games.” .West Indies captain Darren Sammy blamed the lack of “killer instict” being one of the reasons for the team not being able to win despite reducing India to 92 for six.”It is a game that got away from us. Russell brought us back along with Baugh. Our guys were confident during lunch, but we lacked the killer instinct after taking early wickets,” Sammy stated.He admitted that the batsmen haven’t performing upto the mark. About his team’s bowling, he did say that he expected a bit more from fast bowler Kemar Roach.”We have not been getting runs at the top. We just lacked the finishing touch. About our bowling, Kemar is one of our strike bowlers and we needed a bit extra from him. But I can’t fault anyone, he has been doing a good job over the past months. If you put the ball in the right areas, you could reap rewards on this wicket.”Man of the match Andre Russell stated that he was posituve from the very beginning. “Myself and Carlton Baugh told each other that we should try to just bat as long as possible. I take my batting seriously although I would consider myself as a bowling all-rounder. I am trying to balance both departments as I want to be called a legend once I retire from international cricket.”- With inputs from PTIlast_img read more

first_imgMission Mangal and Batla House day 2 box office collectionYouTube ScreenshotAfter an excellent start at the box office, both Mission Mangal and Batla House witnessed sharp decline in its collection on day 2.Akshay Kumar starrer Mission Mangal has had a terrific opening at the box office on Thursday. The movie became Akshay’s biggest opener of all time by collecting Rs 29.16 crore at the Indian box office on the holiday of Independence Day.While the opening day earning of the film was actually above the expectation, range of fall in its collection on Friday is also surprising. The movie faced a decline of around 60 percent in its domestic box office collection on day 2, according to trade analyst Sumit Kadel.With screen count of around 2,000, Mission Mangal collected Rs 17.28 crore at the Indian box office on day 2.On the other side, John Abraham’s Batla House too suffered major downfall in its business on second day. While the film had made an impressive start with Rs 14.59 crore collection, its earning dipped by around 50 percent, Kadel stated. Batla House collected Rs 8.84 crore on Friday.Although the dip in box office collection of Mission Mangal and Batla House was expected as Friday was a regular working day, the extent of fall was a little surprising considering the excellent opening that both the films had received.Nonetheless, both the flicks are likely to witness good rise in business over the weekend. Mission Mangal and Batla House not only received positive reviews from critics, they are also being widely appreciated by the audience.last_img read more