Daily Telegraph 16 November 2014MEN have given birth to 54 babies in Australia over the past year according to official Medicare statistics which now allow patients to nominate their own gender.In an echo of the case of Thomas Beatie, a transgender man who preserved his female organs and was billed as the world’s first pregnant man in 2007, Aussie men are now also having babies, C-sections and abortions.The surprising statistics have been confirmed by Australia’s Health Department.According to the Medicare data, there were 16 men who gave birth in NSW last year, 22 men in Perth, seven in Victoria, one in Tasmania and two in South Australia.No men gave birth to babies in the Northern Territory.The men involved are likely to be people who were born female or with female sex organs who identified as male, or commenced gender reassignment surgery, but retained the physical capability to give birth.http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/pregnant-men-new-statistics-reveal-men-have-given-birth-to-54-babies-in-australia/story-fni0cx12-1227124085631
By Alan BaldwinLONDON, England (Reuters) – England suspended all-rounder Ben Stokes and opener Alex Hales from international cricket until further notice yesterday after the pair were involved in an altercation outside a Bristol nightclub.The announcement came a day after Stokes, England’s highest-profile cricketer and vice-captain of the Test side, was named in the 16-man squad for the Ashes tour of Australia starting in November.The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement that both Stokes and Hales remained on full pay pending further investigation into the incident in the early hours of Monday.Stokes was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm and then released without charge under investigation on Monday, and Hales was with him at the time of the incident.“Ben Stokes and Alex Hales will not be considered for selection for England international matches until further notice,” the ECB said.The immediate effect of the suspension is to rule both out of today’s final one-day international against West Indies in Southampton.“Andrew Strauss, Director of England Cricket, will today refer the internal disciplinary procedure for these two players to the Cricket Discipline Commission, chaired by Tim O’Gorman,” the ECB added.“These decisions, fully supported by ECB Chairman Colin Graves, were made following the release of footage viewed by ECB for the first time on Wednesday night.”The Sun newspaper published footage of what it said was a brawl between the player and two other persons, one clutching a bottle. The authenticity of the images could not be confirmed by Reuters.Media reports said Stokes, who suffered a minor fracture of a finger on his right hand, had apologised to the ECB for his arrest and described his state of mind as “fragile and devastated”.Should the 26-year-old definitively be ruled out of the tour, it would be a huge blow for England whose chances of defending the Ashes Down Under have already been called into question.The hosts whitewashed England 5-0 in the last Ashes in Australia in 2013/14.Strauss had hoped earlier that the situation could ‘galvanise’ the rest of the team.”You can go one of two ways,“ he said after the squad announcement. ”It can actually bring people together or it can allow people to splinter off into other groups.”What I‘m very encouraged about is how tight that team environment is at the moment.“I‘m exceptionally hopeful that they can use this to galvanise things and bring them closer together, to focus their minds on what they need to achieve in Australia.”
Written By WATCH US LIVE SUBSCRIBE TO US First Published: 6th August, 2020 09:53 IST COMMENT LIVE TV Yu Darvish pitched seven sharp innings and the Chicago Cubs beat the skidding Kansas City Royals 6-1 on Wednesday night for their sixth straight victory.Javier Báez drove in two runs for the Cubs (10-2), who handed Kansas City its sixth consecutive defeat. Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo each had two hits and scored twice.Darvish (2-1) was in midseason form for the second straight outing. He gave up five hits, struck out four and walked one.With the score 2-1, the Royals’ best chance to tie the game came in the sixth when Whit Merrifield was on third with one out. Darvish struck out Ryan O’Hearn and retired Salvador Perez on a grounder, ending the threat.The Cubs capitalized on one bad stretch for Royals starter Kris Bubic, who set down his first nine batters, including four strikeouts, before Bryant singled in the fourth.Rizzo followed with a walk, and then a bloop hit by Báez tied it 1-all. Willson Contreras grounded into a double play, but Rizzo scored to give the Cubs a 2-1 lead.Kansas City (3-10) started the scoring in the third when a double off the left-field wall by Maikel Franco was followed by Nicky Lopez’s single, but a potential big inning was thwarted when Merrifield grounded into a double play.The Cubs took advantage of two fielding mistakes in the eighth and ninth, tacking on four runs to make it 6-1.Bubic (0-2), making his second career start, went six innings and gave up two runs. He struck out six.TRAINER’S ROOMRoyals: Before the game, OF Bubba Starling and RHP Glenn Sparkman were placed on the injured list. Starling was batting .211 with three RBIs. Sparkman had a 5.40 ERA and allowed nine hits in four appearances. Kansas City recalled catcher Meibrys Viloria and RHP Scott Blewett.UP NEXTRoyals RHP Brad Keller makes his season debut Thursday night after returning from the IL due to COVID-19. RHP Tyler Chatwood (2-0, 0.74 ERA) will start for the Cubs. “I feel pretty good,” Keller said Saturday. “Whenever they tell me, I’ll be ready.”Image credits: AP FOLLOW US Associated Press Television News Last Updated: 6th August, 2020 09:53 IST Darvish Pitches Cubs Past Royals 6-1 For 6th Straight Win Yu Darvish pitched seven sharp innings and the Chicago Cubs beat the skidding Kansas City Royals 6-1 on Wednesday night for their sixth straight victory
Arsenal stunned. PHOTO via @premierleagueSheffield, United Kingdom | AFP | Unai Emery claimed Arsenal were unlucky to suffer a shock 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United as Lys Mousset condemned the Gunners to their latest away-day flop on Monday.Emery’s side are without an away Premier League win since the opening weekend of the season after failing to rise to the challenge posed by fired up United at Bramall Lane.French forward Mousset, making his first Premier League start for United, punished poor Arsenal defending in the first half to score his second goal since signing from Bournemouth.That was enough to send Arsenal crashing to just their second defeat of the season, ending an eight-game unbeaten run in all competitions.The north Londoners sit fifth in the league after a powder-puff performance that showed Emery’s rebuilding job is still a work in progress.But Emery insisted Arsenal deserved at least a draw and criticised the failure to give a penalty for a foul on Sokratis.“We didn’t deserve to lose. We can speak about two key moments, one is the goal and the other is a clear penalty with Sokratis. With VAR, the foul should have been reviewed, but we have to accept it,” Emery said after Arsenal’s winless run in the city of Sheffield extended to 26 years.“We had more chances than them. If we scored one goal then we could have controlled better.”Asked if Arsenal have a mental block in away games, Emery said: “We prepare for the matches the same home and away and think to win.“We deserved more but they are a very strong defensive team.”Under Emery, Arsenal have kept just two clean sheets in 24 away league matches and once again they wilted too easily in a hostile environment.“We conceded a lot of corners in the first half and they scored the goal. It can happen. Above all, we have to improve by not allowing balls like that,” Emery said.“We are playing some young players who are taking experience but the most important thing is to win.”This was a signature win for the Blades after last season’s promotion and they sit proudly in ninth place, just three points behind Arsenal. With the Bramall Lane crowd in full voice, a bruising clash got off to a contentious start when Sokratis appealed in vain for a penalty after having his shirt tugged by John Egan.Emery’s men should have taken the lead when Sead Kolasinac curled a perfect low cross towards Nicolas Pepe in the six-yard box, but the unmarked Ivory Coast winger completely miscued his shot.– Pepe struggles –It was the latest in a growing list of disappointing displays from Pepe, who has struggled to make an impact since his club record move from Lille in the close-season.United made the most of that escape as Arsenal’s long-running set-piece issues resurfaced in the 30th minute.Oliver Norwood’s corner reached Jack O’Connell at the far post and he rose above Matteo Guendouzi to head down to Mousset, who poked home from virtually on the line after Granit Xhaka failed to react to the danger.Damningly, Arsenal have conceded 22 league goals from set plays since the start of last season, with only Watford (25) and Everton (24) allowing more.Xhaka almost conjured an equaliser with a dipping long-range effort that Dean Henderson pushed away at full stretch.Mesut Ozil was once again left out of the Arsenal squad and, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang anonymous, Emery sent on Dani Ceballos, but he shot weakly at Henderson from Bukayo Saka’s cross.Alexandre Lacazette came on with 22 minutes left for his first appearance since suffering the ankle problem that had ruled the Arsenal striker out since the start of September.For all their territorial dominance in the closing stages, Arsenal lacked composure in the final third.Pepe curled just wide and Kolasinac headed over as the visitors’ frailties were laid bare.Share on: WhatsApp
The 66-year-old was worth almost $600-million when he died, which is 18 million more than he claimed in court papers while trying to get released on bail on federal sex trafficking charges. Most of the money is tied up in property, but Epstein reportedly had $56 million in cash.Meanwhile Manhattan federal prosecutors have asked a judge to toss Epstein’s criminal case in light of his death.Epstein was awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges involving young girls when he was found hanged in his cell on August 10th.Court documents show Epstein’s only heir is his brother Mark and he has named two of his attorneys as executors to his will. Two days before Jeffrey Epstein’s body was found hanging inside his Manhattan prison cell, he reportedly signed his will. The New York Post reports the document was filed in the U.S. Virgin Islands where the former hedge fund manager owned two islands.
A Dallas Police office’s adult son his recovering in the hospital after his father mistook him for an intruder and shot him.The incident occurred around 6 p.m Saturday near DeSoto.When authorities arrived to the home, they found the victim bleeding from his right forearm.The victim was then taken to an area hospital for treatment on the non-life-threatening injury.Authorities say that they are continuing to investigate the incident, however, no arrest have been made and no charges have been filed.“The DeSoto Police Department has treated this like every other case that we would have had and we would’ve handled it the exact same way that if any charges are appropriate later on, they’ll be forwarded over to the DA’s office for them to make a decision,” Pete Schulte, DeSoto police spokesman said.The names of the two parties involved have not yet been released.
Authorities in Virginia are currently searching for two suspects who robbed a Denny’s and killed a DoorDash employee who entered the restaurant during the robbery.Officials say two masked men in their late teens or early 20’s entered the restaurant brandishing a gun and a baton around 2:20 am on December 26th.The suspects then demanded property from both employees and diners before shooting one of the customers in the leg and in the torso.As the suspects made their escape, a DoorDash employee by the name of Yusuf Ozgur attempted to enter the restaurant to pick up an order. He was then hit in the head by the suspect holding a baton before he was fatally shot by the suspect armed with a gun.When authorities arrived, they applied a tourniquet to the victim who was shot in the leg and the torso, however, Ozgur was pronounced dead at the scene.Surveillance video showing the men entering the restaurant wearing dark clothes, masks, and gloves has since been released to the public. The FBI and area police are offering a $10,000 reward for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the two suspects.
As visitors from around the country and beyond descend on South Florida this week for the Super Bowl, doctors at one local hospital are implementing new guidelines in order to screen patients for the deadly Coronavirus.The flu-like illness originated in Wuhan, China. Cases have been confirmed in Australia, Germany, France, Canada, and the United States.There are no known cases in Florida.“We are on the side of caution in order to provide the best care for our community,” says Dr. S. Raymond Golish, who practices at Jupiter Medical Center. “Know there are no known cases here at this time, but we are prepared in the unlikely eventuality that such a case occurs.”He adds that the hospital is now following new CDC guidelines to conduct additional screenings for patients who display flu-like symptoms such as fever and coughing.Those patients will be asked to answer questions about their travels and contact with others during the previous two weeks.If doctors suspect the Coronavirus, those patients will then be placed in isolation and local health officials will be notified immediately.Dr. Golish says a sample would be sent to the CDC for testing.There is currently no antiviral treatment for the virus and no vaccine to prevent it.So far, there are more than 6,000 cases in China, and 132 deaths.
Actor Jussie Smollett is not out of the woods legally for an alleged self-orchestrated hate crime he said happened last year during the arctic blast in Chicago. Originally all charges were dropped but now a special Cook County grand jury has indicted Smollett on six counts of disorderly conduct. In a statement, Webb’s office said Smollett filed four separate false police reports claiming he was the victim of a hate crime.“The grand jury’s investigation revealed that Jussie Smollett planned and participated in a staged hate crime attack, and thereafter made numerous false statements to Chicago Police Department officers on multiple occasions, reporting a heinous hate crime that he, in fact, knew had not occurred,” Webb said in a statement.Cook County prosecutors last year dropped 16 disorderly conduct charges against Smollett, just over a month after Chicago police had accused him of orchestrating a hoax because he was upset with his salary on the TV show “Empire.”Last August, Cook County Judge Michael Toomin appointed Webb, a former federal prosecutor, as a special prosecutor in the Smollett case; tasking him to not only investigate Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s handling of the case, but to decide if Smollett should be further prosecuted for allegedly staging a fake hate crime against himself.In a statement on the new Smollett indictment, Webb wrote that his office “obtained sufficient factual evidence to determine that it disagrees with how the CCSAO resolved the Smollett case.”Webb said the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office could not provide him with any evidence that the decision last year to dismiss the charges against Smollett was handled similar to other cases.“The CCSAO has been unable to provide the [Office of the Special Prosecutor] with documentary evidence that shows that, in dismissing the Smollett case on the terms presented in court on March 26, 2019, the CCSAO relied on other dispositions of similar cases prior to the Smollett case that would justify this disposition,” Webb wrote.What about double jeopardy?Legal experts have said that’s not an issue because Smollett was never put on trial in the first place.
Lewis contacted some area churches and community organizations to help spread the word about the event. He and his organization applied to borough police and obtained the required permit to allow the vigil to go forward. Lewis said he told police he would expect between 100-500 people to attend.The intent, Lewis explained, is for “showing that we stand up for our youth, and in particular our black children.”The incident, as widely reported, involved the Feb. 26 shooting and killing of Martin, an African American teenager, by George Zimmerman, who was a volunteer for a neighborhood community watch group. It has been reported that Martin was unarmed and that Zimmerman claims to have shot Martin in self-defense.The shooting has sparked outrage and concern, especially in black communities, with some alleging that Martin was shot because of his race and attire, including wearing a hooded sweatshirt, or “hoodie,” which, although worn by people of all ages and races, some associate with criminals.Lewis is calling on those planning to his assembly to wear hoodies in a show of support.Lewis, 34, who is black, was born and raised in Red Bank, He is a graduate of Red Bank Regional High School, Little Silver and attended Delaware State University on a football scholarship. Following his college graduation,he worked for not-for-profit organizations.He recently moved back to Red Bank after living and working in Wilmington, Delaware for the past eight years.And as a young man of color, he said, he knows the sting of being stereotyped for his race and clothing.“I know it is constantly on your mind as a young black male in America,” he said.“When I dress down, that’s what I wear,” he said, referring to a hooded sweatshirt. He feels many people “tend to jump the gun and judge a book by its cover.”He recalled instances in college, “where, we’re outside, just hanging around the car, maybe an officer pulls up and kind of assumes,” he said without completing the sentence.“Sometimes in that whole process, you feel yourself scared or feeling threatened for something you know you didn’t do,” he said.He characterized himself as “A young man who has come through life, made some mistakes, made some good choices, made some bad choices.“But I’ve learned from doing,” he said.“For me it’s even more personal. I am Trayvon Martin,” he said.The purpose of his organization is to work with youth, especially boys and young men, and help to steer them from bad choices by offering positive role models. And if they make mistakes, “help them to understand their mistakes and learn from (them) and how to move on from them.” RED BANK — The shooting of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Sanford, Fla. Feb. 26 has sparked a national debate.What really happened between the two men in Sanford is still not known.But the impact of the incident is being felt around the nation and in the two rivers.This Monday, a gathering in memory of Martin will take placeBilled as a “Silent and Peaceful Stand for Trayvon Martin,” the event is being organized by Team I.M.P.A.C.T., a group that mentors young black men and boys.The purpose of the gathering, its organizers say, is to call attention to the already high profile incident, and to focus similar situations that place young African-Americans at risk.“It’s not a rally, it’s not a march,” the organization’s founder, Darnell Lewis, said on Wednesday. “It’s a stand of silence and peace for that particular hour, in solidarity,” with the Martin family.The gathering is scheduled for Monday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on the corner of Shrewsbury Avenue and Drs. James Parker Boulevard. It will be “a peaceful assembly,” Lewis said.