first_imgDistrict Attorney Jerry D. Jones at his desk discussing the dropped charges of Alabama football players.KNOE.comAlabama football got huge news this afternoon, when Monroe, La. district attorney Jerry Jones announced that he has dropped the drug and gun charges against Cam Robinson, one of the nation’s best tackles, and reserve safety Hootie Jones. KNOE News has more from Jones, including a very interesting quote regarding this decision.Jones says, “I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I’m doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning.”In the station’s video report on the story, reporter Nicholas Picht says that the DA could not prove who, between Robinson, Jones, and two other men arrested with them, was in possession of the marijuana or the gun, and cited a 2001 case that necessitates a connection between the two offenses.We’ll continue to update this story as more is released.[KNOE]MORE FROM COLLEGE SPUN:The 10 Most Aggressive Fan Bases In CFBIn Photos: Golfer Paige SpiranacESPN Makes Decision On Dick Vitalelast_img read more

first_imgFormer Arsenal’s midfielder Jack Wilshere left Arsenal to Chelsea a few days ago and his former boss Unai Emery has revealed why   Wilshere ended his 17-year stay at Arsenal.After Wilshere moved to West Ham, he revealed his thoughts in an emotional message to fans on social media while admitting that Emery had made it clear he won’t have him in his plans for next season.However, Emery on his own revealed how the England international star departed, describing it as a ‘tactical and technical decision’.“The conversation with Wilshere was a very good conversation,” said Emery via Football London.“I explained to him my opinion and how I want to create the team and that I’m not sure he would play in the 11 players.Jadon SanchoMerson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“And also he explained to me that the decision was not easy for him but he wanted to choose the best option for him.“I know this player is important for the supporters and he grew up here in Arsenal, but I don’t give him one spot in the eleven who start.“So for that, he chooses to leave and I respect this.”When asked if Wilshere’s past injury record had played a part in his thinking, Emery added simply: “It was a tactical, technical decision.”last_img read more

first_imgArsenal forward Danny Welbeck will reportedly join teammate Aaron Ramsey in leaving the club as a free agent in the summerThe England international’s existing contract with Arsenal will expire at the end of the season, much like Ramsey’s own predicament.Welbeck has been on a good run of form lately and expressed his hope that manager Unai Emery will hand him more opportunities to play.Roberto Firmino, LiverpoolVirgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.But now the Daily Mirror claims that talks between Welbeck’s representatives and Arsenal are nowhere near close to completion and now he seems set to leave the Emirates Stadium next summer.The 27-year-old will be free to sign with a foreign club in January and previously attracted the interest of Turkish giants Galatasaray in August.Welbeck has scored four goals in seven appearances for Arsenal this season, but is yet to start a single game in the Premier League.last_img read more

first_imgValencia boss Marcelino believes Rodrigo Moreno and Michy Batshuayi will end their goal droughts despite his side’s 1-0 narrow win at Getafe.Dani Parejo’s VAR penalty saved the blushes of Rodrigo who had not scored since the opening day of the season, while Batshuayi was absent from the squad, leaving the Chelsea loanee on just two goals for the campaign.“Winning always matters,” Marcelino told Football Espana after Valencia won back-to-back games for the first time in 2018-19.“I saw a very good Valencia in the first half, but we had to be comfortably ahead at half-time.“When you’re forgiving, you usually pay and Getafe threatened to make us do that early in the second half.“However, the VAR helped us. It went against us last week and ultimately we won because of it. It imparted justice.Ernesto Valverde, Lionel Messi, BarcelonaValverde downplays fears over Lionel Messi’s Barcelona future Andrew Smyth – September 13, 2019 Ernesto Valverde believes Lionel Messi’s comments on his Barcelona future have been taken out of context, and gave an update on the forward’s injury.“Rodrigo’s drought is football. It’s a situation that, no matter how much you think about it, has no explanation.“The important thing is that he’s a very good player. We need Rodrigo at his best. He had a great game against Young Boys the other night.“What he missed here were three clear goals, but he’ll eventually score with his back.“His work in the last third is good, he’s just lacking that edge to his finishing. He’ll be back scoring after the international break.“I’m not unhappy with Batshuayi. I’m always positive, I try to help and transmit things to the players, but I also demand things at the same time.“It’s tough. I always try to be fair and in this situation, I have to make decisions. The hardest thing for a Coach is to pick a matchday squad of 18 players and 11 to start after that because it’s discriminating.”last_img read more

first_imgAfter knowing the Copa America groups during this Thursday’s draw, Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni expressed hope of having Lionel Messi back.Now that some time has passed after Argentina’s heartbreaking World Cup performance last summer with Messi as their leader, the Barcelona star is seriously considering on coming back to play for his country once more during 2019.The Copa America draw was held this Thursday and the Argentina national team got Group B, where they will face Paraguay, Colombia, and Qatar as one of the two invited nations to the tournament.Group A has Brazil hosting the tournament and sharing the stage with Peru, Venezuela, and Bolivia.And last but not least we have Group C, which includes Uruguay, Chile, Ecuador, and Japan as the second nation that got invited to the tournament that will take place in Brazil during the summer.All the nations are hyped for what’s coming for this new competition, that will return to its traditional 12-squad format that got modified back in 2016 when the Copa America Centenario was played in the United States.We believe that all the major stars will accompany their respective national teams, Brazil will hopefully have a Neymar who is completely recovered from his most recent metatarsal injury and lead the hosting duties.Estos son los resultados para el choque de los verdaderos titanes. ¡Que el mundo sienta la vibración sudamericana ¡Así se jugará la CONMEBOL Copa América Brasil 2019! #CopaAmerica2019 pic.twitter.com/Wa65qhHBxL— Copa América (@CopaAmerica) January 24, 2019Uruguay will hopefully have the Suarez/Cavani duo, Chile will have Alexis Sanchez, Colombia will have James Rodriguez, and the list could go on and on.But the major question we are all asking is as follows: will Leo Messi make the decision to finally return to his national team and give a major tournament another crack to see if he can retire from international football with one trophy?That is the million dollar question for everybody, but manager Lionel Scaloni hopes that having the best player in the world is a major possibility for Argentina.“We will speak with Leo in the days before the March list. When the time is right we will speak,” said the Argentina manager via Goal.“I hope he can be here but more than that, we want him to be happy. I have a good feeling.”FC Barcelona, Valencia CFMatch Preview: Barcelona vs Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Is derby time in La Liga, as Barcelona welcomes Valencia to the Camp Nou Stadium tonight at 21:00 (CET).Brazil manager ‘Tite’, also talked about the reason he wants all the best players to visit his country and compete to win this new edition of the Copa America.“I want Messi and all the best athletes to come to Brazil. A team, to be the best, have to win with competition and overcome high-level opponents, which is why we expect Neymar, Messi, [Chile forward Alexis] Sanchez and [Uruguay star Luis] Suarez to come… And also [Peru’s Paolo] Guerrero.”¿Estará #Messi en la #CA2019Telemundo? Lionel Scaloni, DT de la @Argentina respondió al respecto…. pic.twitter.com/nBPbvetfZ1— Telemundo Deportes (@TelemundoSports) January 25, 2019The table is set for Lionel Messi to finally make his decision about his future with Argentina, certainly having Cesar Luis Menotti to guide him during his final years in the squad will be a great motivation that will bring Leo back for one last attempt to win the big trophies.The World Cup in Qatar is still far away for the Argentine to worry, he needs to take care of what’s coming this year first and then go step by step in the following years to see if he can get there while still playing at the highest level of competition.Odds are that Messi will still be a great player by the time that the next World Cup comes, but he will have to take extreme care of himself if he wants to give it another chance.The upcoming Copa America in Brazil will be a perfect measure for Messi to see how motivated he really is to keep going, winning the tournament could be a huge confidence boost that may push him all the way to Qatar.However, losing yet another major competition might be the final nail on Lionel Messi’s coffin that has the Argentina flag stamped on it.What happens this year during the summer, will determine which path Messi will take during the next three years.Scaloni no pierde la esperanza y hablará con Messi https://t.co/cEonhfYuHG pic.twitter.com/0PTgPIutJa— Fabian Ortegano (@Fabian_Ortegano) January 25, 2019Do you think Lionel Messi should go back to play for Argentina or do you think his time has passed? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.last_img read more

first_imgArjun is currently playing for MCC Young Cricketers XIReutersMost Indian cricket fans know who Arjun Tendulkar is. But that is entirely due to his being the son of Sachin Tendulkar. While the young man has grown up under the spotlight, he has steadily emerged as a good cricketer in his own right. His selection for the India under-19 team to take on their Sri Lankan counterparts proved his mettle.But now, the quality of Arjun, who, unlike his father, is a left-arm seamer, has become plainly visible thanks to a delivery he bowled while playing for MCC Young Cricketers XI against Surrey’s second XI. The video of this delivery was uploaded by the official Twitter account of Lord’s Cricket Ground.Here, Sachin’s son can be seen running up to bowl from the far end with a beautiful run-up and bowling a peach of a delivery that pierces through the defence of the batsman to rattle the stumps. It seems that the ball, bowled from left-arm over angle to the right hander, decked back substantially before sneaking through the gap between bat and pad.? Arjun Tendulkar, take a bow! He took this stunning wicket this morning for @MCCYC4L.Follow their progress versus @SurreyCricket 2nd XI ➡️ https://t.co/Vs5CtV2o8N#MCCcricket pic.twitter.com/5Mb3hWNI70— Lord’s Cricket Ground ? (@HomeOfCricket) June 17, 2019TwitterThere are a lot of things to admire about the Tendulkar scion. First, he has a very smooth run-up and action. Though he approaches the pitch at an angle, there is a proper use of his entire body in delivering the ball. It should allow him to bowl at a good pace and become faster as he grows older.Sachin has always said that he never puts any pressure on his son and has given him the freedom to follow his dreams. Those dreams, at the moment, seems to be related to his father’s profession. The way he has progressed through the ranks suggests that one day, he may well follow in his father’s footsteps and don the Indian jersey. The delivery he bowled to dismiss the Surrey second XI batsman certainly suggests a great deal of talent.last_img read more

first_img.New French president Emmanuel Macron, in his inaugural address, pledged on Sunday to work to overcome divisions in society which had been shown by the presidential election campaign and seek to build a strong France that was sure of itself in the world”The division and fractures in our society must be overcome,” said the 39-year-old centrist who was elected on 7 May after beating the far right leader Marine Le Pen following a bitter campaign that was dominated by France’s role in Europe and which blew apart the traditional party structure in France.”The world and Europe need more than ever France, and a strong France, which speaks out loudly for freedom and solidarity,” Macron declared.He said under his administration the labor market would be made more flexible, business-friendly conditions would be created to help companies function and “innovation” would be at the heart of his action as president.last_img read more

first_imgAP Memorial candles outside the Swedish Embassy in Helsinki on Friday evening April 7, 2017. The driver of a hijacked beer truck is wanted by police after the truck crashed into an upscale department store in central Stockholm on Friday, leaving dead and injured in its wake. (MARKKU ULANDER / Lehtikuva via AP)A hijacked beer truck plowed into pedestrians at a central Stockholm department store Friday, killing four people, injuring 15 and sending screaming shoppers scattering in panic in what Sweden’s prime minister called a terrorist attack.A nationwide manhunt was launched and one person was arrested following the latest use of a vehicle as a weapon in Europe.Nearby buildings were locked down for hours in the heart of the capital and the main train station was evacuated.“Sweden has been attacked,” Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said in a nationally televised press conference. “This indicates that it is an act of terror.”He added: “The country is in a state of shock.”The truck traveled for more than 500 yards (meters) along a promenade known as the Drottninggatan and smashed into a crowd outside the Ahlens department store about 3 p.m. It came to rest in the entrance to the building. TV footage showed smoke coming out of the store after the crash.“People were screaming and running in all directions,” said Brandon Sekitto, who was in his car nearby.He added that the truck “drove straight into the Ahlens entrance.”“I saw the driver, a man in black who was light around the face area,” Brandon told Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter. “I heard how some women were screaming, ‘Run, run!’”Although there was confusion throughout the day on the number of victims, the Stockholm City Council said in the evening that four had been killed and 15 were wounded, nine seriously.Authorities evacuated the nearby Central Station, a hub for regional trains and the subway system. All trains to and from the main station were halted and several large shopping malls in Stockholm were shut down. Sweden’s national theater, Dramaten, canceled three performances Friday evening.Sweden’s prime minister calls Stockholm attack a “terrible act of terror” https://t.co/NlcyoTYBMl pic.twitter.com/sMxAW4yXBG— Bloomberg (@business) April 7, 2017Police arrested a man in Marsta, a northern Stockholm suburb close to the international airport.“We have arrested one in whom we are particularly interested,” Jan Evensson of the Stockholm police told a news conference.He said the person looked like the man depicted wearing a greenish hood in a surveillance camera photo the police released earlier.“We continue to investigate at full force,” Evensson said, urging people not to go to central Stockholm.Stefan Hector of Sweden’s national police said the working hypothesis was that “this is an act of terror.”The Swedish brewery Spendrups said one of its trucks had been hijacked a few blocks from the scene earlier in the day.“It is one of our delivery trucks. In connection with a delivery to a restaurant called Caliente, someone jumped into the truck and drove it away while the driver was unloading his delivery,” Spendrups spokesman Marten Luth told the Swedish news agency TT.The beer company’s truck driver was not injured, he said.The truck crash appeared to be the latest attack in Europe using a vehicle.In an attack last month claimed by the Islamic State group, a man drove into a crowd on London’s Westminster Bridge, killing three people and injuring many others before stabbing a policeman to death. He was shot and killed by police. A fourth person, a woman thrown into the Thames by the force of the car attack, died Thursday.The IS group also claimed responsibility for a truck attack that killed 86 people in Nice, France, in July 2016 during a Bastille Day festival, as well as another truck attack that killed 12 people at a Christmas market in Berlin.Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf cut short a visit to Brazil on Friday to return home and sent the royal family’s condolences to the families of the victims.Condolences poured into Sweden. In neighboring Finland, President Sauli Niinisto said he was shocked by the “maniac act of terror,” adding “every terror attack is to be equally condemned. But it touches us deeply when such an attack takes place in our Nordic neighborhood.”Danish Prime Minister Lars Loekke Rasmussen called the attack a cowardly attempt “to subdue us and the peaceful way we live in Scandinavia.”Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo said the Eiffel Tower’s lights will be turned off from midnight Friday in homage. She expressed her “strong emotion” over “this new terrorist attack of immense cowardice.”EU Council President Donald Tusk said in a tweet that “my heart is in Stockholm this afternoon. My thoughts are with the victims and their families and friends of today’s terrible attack.”European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said “one of Europe’s most vibrant and colorful cities appears to have been struck by those wishing it — and our very way of life — harm.”Juncker also said “an attack on any of our (EU) member states is an attack on us all” and that Sweden can count on EU help.In February, U.S. President Donald Trump suggested that Sweden could be the next European country to suffer the kind of extremist attacks that have devastated France, Belgium and Germany. Two days after his remarks, a riot broke out in predominantly immigrant suburb of Stockholm where police opened fire on rioters, a surprise to many Swedes who aren’t used to officers using guns.Friday’s crash was near the site of a December 2010 attack in Stockholm in which Taimour Abdulwahab, a Swedish citizen who lived in Britain, detonated a suicide bomb, killing himself and injuring two others.Abdulwahab had rigged a car with explosives in the hope the blast would drive people to Drottninggatan — the street hit Friday — where he would set off devices strapped to his chest and back. The car bomb never went off, and Abdulwahab died when one of his devices exploded among panicked Christmas shoppers. Sharelast_img read more