164 Kings Road, MystertonIF you’ve been looking to crack one of Townsville’s most tightly held suburbs, here’s your chance.Offered to the market for the first time in 30 years, 164 Kings Road in Mysterton is set to attract healthy buyers competition as it heads to auction on Tuesday night.With only 15 houses sold in the sought after suburb over the past year and only 11 Mysterton homes on the market, listing agent Anthony Dare is confident the home will achieve a positive sales result. 164 Kings Road, Mysterton“After thirty years I have been given the privilege of representing this home on the market,” he said. More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020“This stately highset, legal height home consists of four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a fourth bedroom that is a separately metered self-contained flat of ample proportion.“The size is outstanding with the perfect blend of space and Queenslander intimacy and the grounds are fully landscaped and envelope the resort sized pool.” With multiple entertaining areas, a games room and outdoor bar, the home would suit a growing family with a love for entertaining. 164 Kings Road, Mysterton“The 1200 sq m block is standout as is the level of pride of presentation,” Mr Dare said. “Their (sellers) chapter 30 will make someone’s chapter one and the start of truly remarkable story.”To be auction Tuesday night at 6pm at the Keyes & Co office on Flinders Street, Mr Dare said the property already had two confirmed bidders with more expected to sign up.“I’ve had 22 groups through the house over the past two weeks which is pretty impressive,” he said.“People know that houses like these don’t come to the market often.“I’ve noticed the uptake on quality stock has already been very good this year and I have no doubt this home will be among the successful buys very soon.”
Daily Telegraph 16 November 2014MEN have given birth to 54 babies in Australia over the past year according to official Medicare statistics which now allow patients to nominate their own gender.In an echo of the case of Thomas Beatie, a transgender man who preserved his female organs and was billed as the world’s first pregnant man in 2007, Aussie men are now also having babies, C-sections and abortions.The surprising statistics have been confirmed by Australia’s Health Department.According to the Medicare data, there were 16 men who gave birth in NSW last year, 22 men in Perth, seven in Victoria, one in Tasmania and two in South Australia.No men gave birth to babies in the Northern Territory.The men involved are likely to be people who were born female or with female sex organs who identified as male, or commenced gender reassignment surgery, but retained the physical capability to give birth.http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/pregnant-men-new-statistics-reveal-men-have-given-birth-to-54-babies-in-australia/story-fni0cx12-1227124085631
Liverpool have rejected a bid from Arsenal for Luis Suarez and remain steadfast in their insistence the striker is not for sale. Press Association Press Association Sport understands the Gunners made an offer in the region of £30million for the Uruguay international last week which was rejected out of hand by the Reds. Despite the 26-year-old this summer voicing his dislike of his treatment by the English media and suggesting a move to Real Madrid would appeal, the club have no intention of selling, a stance which was not even tested by an offer well below what is considered Suarez’s true value. Suarez, who has three years remaining on an improved contract he signed last summer, is currently on extended leave after his involvement in the Confederations Cup. Neither he nor his representatives have spoken to Liverpool about any intention to ask for a move but his comments while on international duty in South America have left the club in a difficult position. It was expected any approach from Madrid would come after the end of the Confederations Cup but so far has nothing has materialised and the fear is the Spanish giants will leave it late in the window in order to drive the price down. Arsenal’s surprise bid may have been more strategic than realistic as they are currently trying to push through a deal to sign Real striker Gonzalo Higuain. Making an offer for Suarez may have just been a ploy intended to focus the minds of Bernabeu officials on signing off the Higuain move. Suarez is not due back for pre-season until July 22 and he will then be expected to join the club’s tour matches in Australia and Thailand.