22Sep/20

Joshua’s coach rules out radical changes against Ruiz

first_imgRelatedPosts Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Anthony Joshua, Okolie plot world title double Anthony Joshua wants Tyson Fury, Wilder fight Anthony Joshua’s head coach Rob McCracken will resume his leading role on the training team and ruled out any drastic changes ahead of the Andy Ruiz Jr rematch. Britain’s heavyweight star endured his first professional defeat at the hands of Ruiz Jr in June, which sparked calls for Joshua to reassess his preparations for the rematch in Saudi Arabia on December 7. McCracken insists additional coaching staff have always assisted Joshua, but he will devise the game-plan and supply instructions as usual for the second world title fight. “I think everybody just gets the wrong idea all the time,” McCracken told Sky Sports. “Lots of people have always worked with us in the camp. “I’m the head coach, but I can’t do everything, so we’ve always had different people coming in who are good on the pads, who are good with movement, footwork drills whatever, so there’s a variety of people we use. “I mean ‘Benga’ his cousin has always worked with Anthony. Nobody is really aware of that, unless AJ mentions it, so the reality in boxing now is you don’t have one coach and one boxer, year in, year out. It doesn’t work like that. “We have a variety of people. He works on certain drills, but obviously I’m his head coach and I go in the corner on the night, and we do the tactics together. “Hopefully he can employ them and he can get the job done, but yeah, normal stuff, normal camp.” Speaking on AJ: The Untold Truth, Joshua has reiterated his faith in McCracken, but suggested fresh staff would assist his training. “Whoever said that is a clown,” said Joshua. “Part ways with McCracken? No way. These people don’t understand loyalty. “These people aren’t cut from the same cloth, if that’s what they are suggesting. “Whoever has that mindset should not bother talking to me, if they have that mindset. “I want to make positive reinforcements and bring in new troops on the battlefield to combat this war.”Tags: Andy Ruiz JrAnthony JoshuaRob McCrackenlast_img read more

21Sep/20

Sexton happy to uphold tradition

first_img “Everything you win is very special, but this is just unique. You are playing with guys you barely know, and you have to forge that bond. You saw by the celebrations that we did that. We did the Lions tradition proud. “The big motivation as a player is you want to be remembered when you hang up your boots, and you try to win as much as possible and do the right things as much as possible. Winning a Lions series is definitely part of that.” Unlike in Melbourne seven days previously, the Lions took the game to Australia early on, and they were rewarded by building a 19-3 lead just before half-time. And although the Wallabies clawed back that deficit to just three points, Sexton’s try was part of an unanswered 22-point blitz that meant the Lions claimed the second biggest-winning Test margin in their 125-year history. “It’s very easy when the momentum goes that you think it’s not your day,” he added. “I am really proud of the way we stuck in there. No-one changed the plan and no-one panicked (at 19-16), and we swung it back. “The set-piece was the difference. Obviously, our scrum was dominant, and in the lineout we got a bit of ball and we used George (North), Jamie (Roberts) and Tommy (Bowe) to get us over the gain-line and on the front foot. “I ran the inside line for my try, but when I saw it on the replay, I thought ‘oh no, he (referee) is going to do it for a forward pass which would have been the biggest let-down ever. But thankfully, Leigh’s (Halfpenny’s) hands went backwards and I caught it behind me.” Ireland star Jonathan Sexton will head to a new career in France satisfied that Warren Gatland’s class of 2013 “did the Lions tradition proud”. The fly-half playmaker scored a try during the British and Irish Lions’ 41-16 third Test demolition of Australia, and he proved a major attacking catalyst throughout. And he was quick to recognise the scale of a Test series victory that was the Lions’ first since they toppled South Africa 16 years ago. “This is huge for me,” said Sexton, who will now join wealthy Paris club Racing Metro from Leinster on a lucrative six-figure deal. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

20Sep/20

DeSantis outlaws vaping in the workplace

first_imgTired of walking through clouds of vape smoke while you are out? Well starting next summer you may see less vaping than normal. That is because Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill that will ban the usage of vapor-generating electronic devices or vaping in most workplace environments.   The bill titled SB 7012 was signed Friday and will go into effect starting July 1st of next year. Those found in violation of the ban can face a maximum civil penalty of $25, may have to complete 50 hours of community service, or may be required to successfully complete a school-approved anti-tobacco “alternative to suspension” program. Vaping is not outlawed in all places, however, the bill still allows those who partake, to indulge at private residences that are not used for commercial purposes and places such as stand-alone bars, designated rooms in hotels, retail vape shops, and facilities owned or rented by membership association, smoking cessation programs, or for medical or scientific research according to our news partners at CBS12. While many people support vaping as a way to cut back on the cigarette consumption, the amendment drew support from more than 68.9 percent of voters in November, and was part of a constitutional amendment that also asked voters to ban oil and gas drilling off Florida’s shorelines. It is one of 10 new laws recently implemented by Gov. Ron DeSantis, including a law that makes it a second-degree, up from a third-degree felony, for anyone to kill or cause great bodily harm to police, fire, or search-and-rescue dogs or horses.last_img read more

20Sep/20

White House Organizes Social Media Summit Without FB, Google, Twitter

first_imgThe White House has scheduled a social media summit for Thursday afternoon, but representatives from the industry’s largest platforms are not expected to be in attendance.According to reports, Facebook, Twitter and Google’s Alphabet were not invited. YouTube, which is owned by Google, apparently did not receive an invitation either.Based on the confirmed list of attendees, the event will most likely focus on exploring and discussing recent allegations of censorship and anti-conservative political bias by the aforementioned outlets.These are the confirmed attendees:Prager U: a conservative political nonprofit that produces short videos. Prager U filed a lawsuit against YouTube for allegedly censoring its content and discriminating against the organization, after YouTube put more than 100 PragerU videos on its restricted list for content that allegedly violates its terms of service.Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe: He is known for exposing alleged corruption on the left using undercover interview tactics.The Heritage Foundation: A conservative think-tank.The Media Research Center: A media bias watchdog which has a self-described mission to “expose and neutralize the propaganda arm of the Left: the national news media.”Turning Point USA: A conservative youth organization.Additionally, cartoonist Ben Garrison was reportedly invited and then uninvited to the summit. The White House rescinded the invitation due to criticism that his cartoons were anti-Semitic. In response, Garrison defended his cartoon, and added that his presence “would be a media distraction from the President’s message.”President Trump has repeatedly threatened to take legal and regulatory actions against various internet platforms, including Facebook and Google, as he believes they are attempting to influence voters against him leading up to the 2020 election. He has also accused Twitter of encouraging users to stop following him because he is a Republican.The Justice Department and Federal Trade Commission both recently opened investigations into Google and Facebook.Also, the White House launched an online reporting tool last May that allows social media users to report incidents of alleged political bias.last_img read more

20Sep/20

Fernando Alonso expects better performance by McLaren in 2019

first_imgAbu Dhabi: Mclaren’s star Fernando Alonso insisted that the team would be putting lessons learned from an often-frustrating 2018 into practice for 2019, according to the official website of F1 on Tuesday.Alonso enjoyed a stellar start to his 2018 campaign, stringing together his first run of five points-scoring finishes in one season since rejoining McLaren back in 2015, and meaning that he sat just one point off Max Verstappen’s sixth place in the drivers’ standings after the Spanish Grand Prix, reports Xinhua news agency.Since then, however, he has added just 18 more points to his tally heading into the Abu Dhabi season finale, while teammate Stoffel Vandoorne — who will switch to Formula E at the end of this year — has taken just four points in the same period. Speaking at the Brazilian Grand Prix, Alonso, who still sits 10th in the drivers’ standings thanks to his strong season start, seemed optimistic about the team’s performance next season.Alonso will be seen in action here starting November 23. IANS Also Read: Sports Newslast_img read more

18Sep/20

The Latest: England-West Indies cricket test series in July

first_imgThe West Indies will arrive next Tuesday and travel to Old Trafford in Manchester for quarantine and training.They will then move to Southampton for the first test from July 8, and back to Old Trafford for the remaining tests starting on July 16 and July 24.There will be no spectators.The two venues were chosen because they had hotels attached or nearby and could be turned into “bio-secure environments.”Cricket West Indies agreed in principle to tour last Friday. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___England is set to host the West Indies in three cricket tests in July, subject to government approval. Associated Press Federation spokesman Andi Vrecani says “the championship is not threatened because the protocol has been set that such a player with COVID-19 is quarantined for 14 days and the team continues preparation normally.”Play was suspended in mid-March following the country’s lockdown.Bylis is in seventh place. The league is expected to finish by July 29 with the Albanian Cup final on Aug. 2.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The Latest: England-West Indies cricket test series in July June 2, 2020 The test series was originally scheduled to begin on Thursday.___An Albanian player has tested positive for the coronavirus but the country’s soccer federation says his club will play as scheduled when the league resumes this week amid the pandemic.The KF Bylis player was not named.League matches in Albania will resume on Wednesday without fans in the stadiums. The matches will follow medical protocols drafted in consultation with UEFA.last_img read more

28Aug/20

PHOTOS: Black Stars arrival on Monday in Cairo ahead of the second-leg World Cup playoff against Egypt.

first_imgThe Black Stars  arrived in Cairo in the early hours of Monday morning ahead of the second-leg World Cup playoff against Egypt.The Ghana team touched down at the Cairo International Airport at about 2:27am (local time ie 0:27 GMT) before an excited group of journalists and fans.The team was met on arrival by officials of the Ghana embassy in Egypt led by H.E Alhaji Said Sinare.The Black Stars were whisked straight away to their JW Marriott Hotel – where they will be staying throughout their one-and-a-half day stay in the Egyptian capital.last_img read more

26Aug/20

WATCH: Grand slam! Kiké Hernandez has 3-HR night, sends Dodgers to World Series

first_imgEnrique “Kiké” Hernandez has given the Dodgers a 7-0 lead on his third-inning grand slam and second home run of the night in Game 5 on Thursday. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img

14Aug/20

Wellington girls and boys basketball teams to play in championship tonight

first_imgCentral-Burden2721—12  Oxford – Patterson 3, Williams 6, Burkes 13, Norris 4, Crain 10, Shimkus 2, Silhan 2, Catlin 4, Jones 12, Palmer 2, Tincher 5, Kennedy 12. Totals 36 (2) 1-2 75.Tyro Christian – Nunnely 2, Robinson 4, Garrison 2, Medsker 13, Spletcher 8, Wright 2. 9 (3) 10-16 31. Wellington511137—36 Wellington: Savannah Cornejo 13, Kailey Jenkins 7, Shanlynn Hefley 1, Caitie Williams 7, Megan Amrein 3, Jaedyn Ledesma 2, Sydney Shields 1, Avery Lewellen 2.Kingman: Berschaur 1, Bangert 10, Smith 3, Voran 1, Rohlman 3, Pickering 6.Caldwell 58, Central-Burden 12 Kingman8448—24 Tyro Christian103135—31 Oxford23211714—75 Girls basketball: Wellington 36, Kingman 24 Caldwell1524910—58 Caldwell711107—35 Central-Burden1782414—63 By Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — The Wellington girls and boys basketball teams will be playing in the Kingman Tournament Classic Championship tonight. The girls will be playing Sterling at approximately 6:10 p.m. with the boys following at 7:40 p.m.The box scores for the Wellington games as well as Oxford and Caldwell are as follows: Boys Basketball: Wellington 58 Kingman 53Wellington 11 14 8 25- 58Kingman 5 6 13 29- 53Wellington: Tyler Miles 2, Braden Miles 13, Alex Weiss 6, Nick Becker 14, Trevor Nance 3, Logan Woodbridge 4, Noah Wolff 7, Brian Peck 9.Kingman: Andersen 6, Bangert 8, Bradshaw 15, Albright 6, Packard 14, New 4.Wellington JV 45 Kingman 30Whs. 16 12 10 7 – 45Khs. 5  6  6  13 — 30Phelps 4,Baker 5, Nance 4, Reichenberger 12, Dunn 6, Albright 11.Central-Burden 63, Caldwell 35 Central-Burden – Bannister 2, Foley 2, Moore 3, Ellis 1, Hilario 2, Loewer 2. Totals 5 (0) 2-7 12.Caldwell – Isaacs 5, Bardsley 3, Ward 3, K. York 28, Lebeda 4, Arnold 10, Blake 4, Arnett 1. Totals 23 (6) 6-14 58. Central-Burden– Hopper 3, J. Koppelmann 2, Z. Koppelmann 27, Lawson 4, Hilario 2, Loewer 5, Mettling 6, Fischer 14. Totals 26 (5) 3-9 63.Caldwell– Halling 8, Kendrick 3, Webster 1, York 7, Wenzel 9, Whaley 5, Stuewe 2. Totals 12 (4) 7-8 35.Oxford 75, Tyro Christian 31 Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

12Aug/20

Tiger Woods Ties PGA Tour Wins Record

first_img(Chiba, Japan) — Jupiter Island’s Tiger Woods is one win away from setting the PGA Tour all-time wins record.The amazing bounce-back golfer won the Zozo Championship in Japan, shooting a 19-under-261 at the Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club to tie Sam Snead’s PGA Tour record of 82 victories. INZAI, JAPAN – OCTOBER 28: Tiger Woods of the United States speaks at the award ceremony following the final round of the Zozo Championship at Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club on October 28, 2019 in Inzai, Chiba, Japan. (Photo by Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images)Woods shot a three-under final round to win the Zozo Championship in Japan. The 43-year-old opened the tournament with three straight bogeys but rebounded to secure a win at the first PGA Tour event ever hosted in Japan. Woods had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee two months ago, a fifth procedure on the same joint, and made his first start in his 23rd season on the PGA Tour.last_img read more