(REUTERS) – The Indian cricket board (BCCI) will meet on Sunday to consider an additional revenue offer from the game’s world governing body but regardless of what decision they come to, a Champions Trophy pullout by the holders looks unlikely.Unaccustomed to being snubbed at the International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings, the BCCI was outvoted 13-1 last week in its bid to stall a new revenue model which considerably slashes India’s share from global events in the 2015-2023 cycle.Unimpressed by the $293 million forecast, down from the $570 million it would have received under the 2014 arrangement, the BCCI responded by refusing to name the squad for next month’s Champions Trophy before the April 25 deadline.ICC president Shashank Manohar, a former BCCI chief, has tabled an additional $100 million and the India board will discuss the offer at Sunday’s special general body meeting.The operations of the BCCI are currently being supervised by four court-appointed administrators and the head of the committee, Vinod Rai, told Reuters last week that it was “too early” to comment on a possible pullout of Champions Trophy.Another of the quartet, Ramchandra Guha, has since made it clear he wants India to defend the title they won in 2013 at the June 1-18 tournament in England and Wales.“Speaking in my personal capacity, as a cricket fan, I believe the Indian cricket team must absolutely take part in the Champions Trophy,” Guha, a historian, tweeted.“Boycotting or threatening to boycott a prestigious international tournament does not become a great cricketing nation.”Under the Members Participation Agreement for the Champions Trophy, there is no scope for sanctions for missing the deadline for naming squads.
Published on November 20, 2014 at 12:01 am Contact Brett: email@example.com | @Brett_Samuels27 Facebook Twitter Google+ Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones swaggered into Syracuse just as they were hitting their peak as one of the world’s most celebrated rock bands. It was 1966 when the group packed the War Memorial in downtown Syracuse.The Oncenter War Memorial Arena opened in 1961, and quickly drew legendary musical acts to central New York. The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and Elvis Presley were just a few artists who took the stage downtown. But in 1980, just over a mile down the road, a newer, larger venue opened that dwarfed the War Memorial in size and threatened to siphon business.In 1989, when The Rolling Stones returned to Syracuse, they played right on the Syracuse University campus.“The Carrier Dome is a different type of venue than anything at the Oncenter,” said Kelly Carr, general manager at the Oncenter. “There are not very many, if any events that we could compete against the Carrier Dome to bring to this community.”Over the past 30 years, the Dome has been the bigger draw in upstate New York. But ice hockey has remained a constant at the Oncenter. The building has been home to the Syracuse Crunch, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning, since 1994.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textBut on Saturday, the sport will find a new home in Syracuse when, for the first time in its history, a hockey game will be played in the Carrier Dome.The Frozen Dome Classic has been in the works for over a year. Howard Dolgon, owner of the Crunch, said the goal is to set a record for attendance at an indoor professional hockey game in the United States. The current record is 28,183. With a few days left until the puck drops, Dolgon said more than 26,000 tickets have been sold for Saturday’s game.“In the War Memorial there’s a finite number of tickets for hockey,” Dolgon said. “With the Dome you can keep selling tickets.”The War Memorial is loud and made of concrete so sound bounces around and offers the Crunch a home ice advantage, Dolgon said.But the Dome is larger and has the potential to be louder. The War Memorial holds a capacity of about 8,000 people according to its website, while the Dome can hold 49,262 people.Pete Sala, the managing director of the Carrier Dome, said the venue for the Frozen Dome Classic has created a buzz in the community.“I think people in town are really excited about it to come in and see something different in here,” Sala said. “(The Dome) is a great venue, and the fact that we’re able to do so many different events in this venue at all different times of the year, I think it was a natural fit.”Despite all the fanfare leading up to Saturday, Dolgon said there are currently no plans to make hockey at the Dome a regular event.After Saturday, the Crunch will return to the War Memorial. And while it may not be as expansive or have the name recognition of the Carrier Dome, it is a building the Crunch has called home for decades and will continue to do so.“We want to provide special events to the people who live and support this team,” Dolgon said. “And we’ll continue to push ourselves to find other big events to do. This is an event come Nov. 22 that literally and figuratively could be one for the record books.” Comments
The James Stephens player won 8 All-Ireland titles and 2 All-Stars during the course of his career.In a statement Larkin said he’s content to walk away now knowing he gave everything he could for himself and the team every time he walked out on the training pitch or pulled on a Kilkenny jersey.
Eating out this holiday? You may want to pay close attention to these eight South Florida restaurants which were recently shuttered by state inspectors due to health code violations.A Haitian pastry shop in North Miami was shuttered by the state after an inspector found a live rodent floating in a sink with food storage containers.The rodent was found at Cayard’s Bakery in North Miami, where records also show a roach infestation, A “stop sale” was ordered for food that was found to be out of temperature. This is the second time this bakery has been ordered shut. State records show Cayard’s was also ordered shut in April 2015.Meanwhile, roach activity was also found at:The Waffle House on Powerline Road in Fort Lauderdale;La Perla El Rincon Del Mar at 13742 SW 152nd Street, Miami Beach;Masa Taqueria at 6974 Collins Avenue in Miami Beach;Jalisco Restaurant At 1661 NE 8th Street, HomesteadPrime Cafe & Ice Cream at the Florida Keys Outlet Marketplace, 250 East Palm Drive, Florida City;Claudie B At 545 West Lucy Street, Florida City; andInkas Grill At The Florida Keys Outlet Marketplace at 250 East Palm Drive in Florida City.However, state officials say all the restaurants have since been allowed to re-open following an ordered clean up and re-inspection.
Amid increased anticipation over the prison release and subsequent concert performance of Jamaican reggae great Buju Banton (Mark Myrie) in Trinidad and Tobago, of Mark Myrie, that countries promotional company, High Frequency Entertainment LLC has issued a statement. The statement condemns the actions of persons and entities who have been falsely purporting to be the official promotional representative(s) of the I Am Legend concert event to headlined by Buju in 2019.One official promoterAccording to the statement “High Frequency Entertainment LLC, owned and operated by businessman, Glenroy Watson, is the only official promotional outfit contractually allowed to promote Mark Myrie, prior to and upon his release from Federal prison in the United States, in December 2018.It has been brought to our attention that the unscrupulous actions of persons have led to innocent victims being swindled of their hard earned money, in an effort to secure business deals of one type or another.No other partners We wish to categorically state that High Frequency Entertainment has at no time partnered with any person/group, and has no agents working our behalf, and as such, any person/entity other than Mr. Glenroy Watson, is unauthorized to act in any capacity, relative to business negotiations ahead of the appearance of Buju Banton, in Trinidad and Tobago.At this time, based on information received, we wish to advise anyone who has been relieved of their money based on false representation of promotional ties to Buju Banton, in Trinidad and Tobago, to contact the Fraud Squad of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service immediately, for assistance in this regard.”
OTTAWA, Canada, CMC – The Government of Canada has updated the emergency status for Jamaica on a travel advisory due to a continued high level of violent crime.In an advisory, the Canadian government noted that the Jamaican Government has declared a state of emergency effective until October 19, for the central parishes of Clarendon and St Catherine.It added that a further, a state of emergency is effective until October 28, for the following areas the western parishes of St. James, Hanover and Westmoreland – areas that include the tourist resort towns of Montego Bay and Negril.In addition, a state of emergency has been declared for the Corporate Area, which includes areas of Kingston, which is in effect until January 4.A ‘high degree of caution’ is issued when there, “are identifiable safety and security concerns or the safety and security situation could change with little notice.” As such, tourists must exercise a high degree of caution at all times, as well as monitor local media and follow the instructions of local authorities.The advisory states that, “violent crime, including armed robbery and murder, is a problem in large cities despite the presence of police to counter criminal activity. The availability of firearms is widespread, and most violent drug and gang-related crimes, especially murder, involve firearms. If you are staying at a resort in an affected area, you are advised to restrict your movements beyond resort security perimeters.”It urged Canadians who may want to travel outside of the resort, to use transportation arranged or provided by the resort. “Likewise, you should use organized tour operators for excursions and travel to and from the airport.”The Canadian Government also warned that the Jamaican police “may impose curfews with short notice in areas where gang activity is a concern.”
Asante Kotoko have been paired with Storm Academy in the round of 16 clash of the MTN FA Cup.The Porcupine Warriors will be making the trip to Mpraeso after a a historic trip to Tumu to face Real 24 Hours FC in the previous round of 32.Division One campaigners, Samartex, who eliminated Hearts of Oak on penalties, have been handed another Premier League side Liberty Professionals in a difficult tie in Dansoman.Leagu leaders Wa Alll Stars will host Mighty Royals.Matches will be played from Wednesday 11 May to Sunday 15 May, 2016.MTN FA Cup Round of 16 fixtures: Storm Academy Mpraeso vrs Asante KotokoWa All Stars Vrs Mighty RoyalsRTU vrs Bechem UnitedWa Rockets vrs Asokwa DeportivoElmina Sharks vrs True Democracy Okwahu United vrs HasaacasWAFA SC vrs Emmanuel FCSamartax vrs Liberty Professionals–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers sets NFL record for most passes without an interception Rice spent 16 seasons in San Francisco before making stops in Oakland and Seattle. At the end of the 2004 season — his 20th in the league — Rice was planning on joining the Broncos organization for a one-year deal, but decided to retire. Veteran wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald passed Jerry Rice’s record for the most receptions for a single team.He secured his 1,282nd career reception for the Cardinals against the Lions Sunday. No player in @NFL history has more catches with one team than @LarryFitzgerald has in our uniform.#ProBowlVote pic.twitter.com/j4uGpfuIBU— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) December 9, 2018The 35-year-old Fitzgerald, who is in his 15th season with Arizona, beat Rice’s mark on his first catch of the game.He nabbed a pass from rookie quarterback Josh Rosen, who was just seven years old when Fitzgerald made his first reception with the Cardinals. Related News Ben Roethlisberger injury update: Steelers QB returns after hit to the ribs vs. Raiders
Lakers, Clippers schedules set for first round of NBA playoffs PreviousLos Angeles Lakers forward Michael Beasley, left, shoots as Cleveland Cavaliers center Ante Zizic defends during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Cleveland Cavaliers forward Cedi Osman, left, shoots as Los Angeles Lakers center JaVale McGee defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Cleveland Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton, right, shoots as Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill) SoundThe gallery will resume insecondsCleveland Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson, left, shoots as Los Angeles Lakers center JaVale McGee defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers guard Josh Hart, left, and Cleveland Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson grapple for a rebound during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Cleveland Cavaliers forward Jaron Blossomgame, right, reaches for a rebound along with Los Angeles Lakers center Tyson Chandler during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers guard Lonzo Ball, left, shoots as Cleveland Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers controlling owner Jeanie Buss, left, and actor Arsenio Hall laugh during the second half of an NBA basketball game between the Lakers and the Cleveland Cavaliers Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Cleveland Cavaliers guard Alec Burks, right, celebrates along with teammates Collin Sexton, left, and Cedi Osman during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Los Angeles Lakers Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers forward Brandon Ingram, right, shoots as Cleveland Cavaliers center Ante Zizic defends during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers’ LeBron James gestures from the bench during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Cleveland Cavaliers Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma, top, shoots as Cleveland Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson defends during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Los Angeles Lakers forward Michael Beasley, left, shoots as Cleveland Cavaliers center Ante Zizic defends during the second half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. The Cavaliers won 101-95. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Cleveland Cavaliers forward Cedi Osman, left, shoots as Los Angeles Lakers center JaVale McGee defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)NextShow Caption1 of 12Cleveland Cavaliers forward Cedi Osman, left, shoots as Los Angeles Lakers center JaVale McGee defends during the first half of an NBA basketball game Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)Expand How athletes protesting the national anthem has evolved over 17 years LOS ANGELES — Larry Nance Jr. stood near the perimeter of Luke Walton’s pre-game media scrum Sunday night, waiting to be noticed.His moment came when Walton was asked about Nance.“Larry does everything,” Walton said. “He’s versatile, he can play make. He will become a good 3-point shooter.” “It was very emotional,” Cavs coach Larry Drew said. “What he had done for the City of Cleveland, his stint there, it was emotional, and everybody was kind of wondering what kind of reception he’d get. And I was really happy to see the fans, they really embraced him being back there.”James was in the building early for the rematch for the Lakers’ pregame-shootaround, even though he’s missed 10 games with a strained groin. He could be seen pregame meeting with old friends with the Cavaliers, the tension dramatically ratcheted down since he wasn’t available to play.Larry Drew a fan of Ingram, KuzmaWhile the Cavaliers coach had a less stressful job without having to game plan for James, Drew likes some of the other talent on the team.He singled out Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma as the Lakers who have stepped up in James’ absence.“Watching them, it looks like Ingram has been more aggressive off the dribble,” Drew said. “Kuzma … I’ve always admired his game from afar. I think both guys have the ability to take their games to another level.” Trail Blazers, Grizzlies advance to NBA play-in game; Suns, Spurs see playoff dreams dashed Lakers practice early hoping to answer all questions Trail Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in, earn first-round series with the Lakers AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersOn that last line, Nance snickered, before hugging his old head coach and heading to see the renovated Lakers locker room.It was a friendly air to a rematch between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Lakers, less charged than the November bout when LeBron James’ return to his last franchise consumed all the oxygen.Related Articles With Nance (out with a right MCL sprain) and Jordan Clarkson as former Lakers, there was a lot of pregame chatting between old teammates, friends among coaches and trainers and even stadium staff. It was the first Lakers home game for both players since they were dealt to the Cavs last February. Even the day before, Kyle Kuzma had been anticipating taking on Clarkson in his return to Staples Center.“I bet Jordan is pretty excited,” he said. “I’m guessing he’s going to try to give it all he’s got. Especially coming back to L.A., playing us.”The first match-up, which the Lakers won 109-105, was marked by James’ comeback in Cleveland, when he received a much warmer welcome than his first return in 2010 with the Heat. Even though it went smoother, it was still emotionally taxing. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Women handball club ‘Lokomotiva’ is the junior champion of BiH after defeating handball club ‘Iskra’ from Bugojno in sports hall in Vitez, where the finals were played, reports sportsport.baThird place went to handball club ‘Katarina’ from Mostar who defeated the club ‘Knežopoljka’.Coach of handball club ‘5 Plus Vitez’ Kristijan Blaž who was one of the organisers said to Fena that he hopes that everyone enjoyed playing in Vitez and congratulated to winning teams and their players.