“But he’s definitely in a better place in terms of his form and how he looks. He’s smiling and seems happy, which is fantastic for everyone connected with Rangers.” Image:Morelos has scored 84 goals in just 154 games for Rangers Steven Gerrard says Alfredo Morelos is gunning for the Champions League after the Rangers record-breaker rediscovered his hunger for goals.The Colombian has had a lean start to the campaign but two strikes in his last two Europa League outings have seen him move past Ibrox great Ally McCoist to become the club’s all-time top scorer in continental competition with 22 goals.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – – Advertisement – All those goals have come in UEFA’s second-tier tournament but Gerrard knows the 24-year-old has ambitions to go even higher.He said: “Yes, he was very happy after the game about his record-breaking (achievement). I think he’s got his hunger back and you can see it in his eyes, he wants to go and score more goals in the competition.“I know he’s got dreams and aspirations of playing in the Champions League one day, which is good for him.” Morelos became the first player to reach double figures in the Europa League for Rangers with his goal against Benfica, and he has now netted 84 times in just 154 games for the club.Gerrard added: “In terms of where he’s at, the goals are back, the hunger is back, the sharpness is back.“I don’t really like comparing him to (the Alfredo) of old because it’s about the now and what he is offering moving forward.- Advertisement –
Topics : Moon “greatly favors sending special envoys for ‘tiding over crises’ and raises preposterous proposals frequently, but he has to clearly understand that such a trick will no longer work on us,” KCNA said.”The solution to the present crisis between the North and the South caused by the incompetence and irresponsibility of the South Korean authorities is impossible and it can be terminated only when proper price is paid.”There was no immediate comment from Moon’s office.Any moves to invalidate cross-border peace deals pose a major setback to Moon’s bid for more lasting reconciliation with the North, while complicating efforts to persuade Pyongyang to abandon its nuclear and missile programs. North Korea said on Wednesday it had rejected South Korea’s offer to send special envoys to ease escalating bilateral tensions, and vowed to redeploy troops to demilitarized border units in the latest step towards nullifying inter-Korean peace accords.The announcements made by state media agency KCNA came one day after North Korea blew up a joint liaison office set up in a border town as part of a 2018 agreement by the two countries’ leaders, as tensions flare over propaganda leaflets sent by defectors into the reclusive state.South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in on Monday offered to send his national security adviser Chung Eui-yong and spy chief Suh Hoon as special envoys. But Kim Yo Jong, the sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and a senior ruling party official, “flatly rejected the tactless and sinister proposal,” KCNA said. Kim Yo Jong also harshly criticized Moon in another KCNA statement, saying he had failed to implement any of the 2018 pacts and had made inter-Korean ties a “U.S. puppet.”In Monday’s speech, which marked the 20th anniversary of the first inter-Korean summit, Moon expressed regret that North Korea-U.S. and inter-Korean relations have not made progress as hoped but asked Pyongyang to maintain peace deals and return to dialogue.In a separate KCNA dispatch on Wednesday, a spokesman for the General Staff of the (North) Korean People’s Army (KPA) said it would dispatch troops to Mount Kumgang and Kaesong near the border, where the two Koreas had carried out joint economic projects in the past.Police posts that had been withdrawn from the heavily fortified Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) will be reinstalled, while artillery units near the western sea border where defectors frequently send leaflets will be reinforced with the readiness alert heightened to the level of “top class combat duty,” the spokesman said.The North will also restart sending anti-Seoul leaflets across the border, he added.”Areas favorable for scattering leaflets against the South will open on the whole front line and our people’s drive for scattering leaflets will be guaranteed militarily and thorough-going security measures will be taken,” he said.The KPA said on Tuesday it had been studying an “action plan” to re-enter zones that had been demilitarized under a 2018 inter-Korean military pact and “turn the front line into a fortress.”Seoul’s defense ministry has urged North Korea to abide by the agreement, under which both sides vowed to cease “all hostile acts” and dismantled a number of structures along the DMZ.
GBGB reveals ‘five-phase approach’ to resume sport May 5, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Winning Post: Political flip-floppery leads to uncertainty for casinos August 3, 2020 Related Articles Share Submit DCMS demands further ‘proactive steps’ to protect punters during lockdown April 21, 2020 The Parliamentary All Party Betting & Gaming Group (APBGG) has confirmed that it has launched its review of the Gambling Act 2005, pre-empting the review to be launched by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS).The review, which will take place online, will consider written evidence from industry stakeholders and hold a series of meetings with experts from all sections of the industry and supporting organisations.It aims to carry out a review of the legislation and consider what future changes may be needed to keep the law relevant to the technical and social changes that have occurred since its implementation. The findings will be submitted to DCMS as part of its review of the Act.Upon launching the review, Philip Davies MP, Co-Chair of the Parliamentary All Party Betting & Gaming Group said: “As Co-Chairman of the All Party Betting and Gaming Group, I believe it is essential that any review of the 2005 Gambling Act is based on evidence. The purpose of these sessions to help inform the government in their work in this area.“We want to listen to the legitimate concerns people have of the gambling industry as well as ensure the industry gets a fair hearing as well. I am determined that we listen to a wide range of views and make evidence based recommendations which will ensure we enhance our global reputation as having the best regulated gambling industry in the world.”