Lees Foods has announced it will invest £1.7m in its Coatbridge factory to better production of its snowball and teacake products.It will also look to relaunch the Lees range of confectionery bars, with a new design to the Macaroon bar.The owners of Lees of Scotland and The Waverley Bakery saw a sales increase of 21% in its end-of-year results to 31 December 2013.It also saw profit before tax rise from £1.2m to £1.4m, with the continued growth of Lees’ snowballs and teacakes accounting for a large part of the success. The company hopes the investment will increase efficiency and quality in the production of its products.Clive Miquel, chief executive, said: “The fine weather during July and August last year contributed to a significant uplift in sales of Carousel ice-cream cones and wafers, which continued the sales development at the Waverley Bakery.“Trading to date in 2014 has been encouraging and we have consolidated upon the sales growth achieved last year. Our challenge now is to maintain margins at a time when there is some volatility in commodity prices, especially in coconut and chocolate.“While Lees continues to have strong sales in Scotland, where it employs over 300 staff, a significant percentage of Lees’ UK sales are south of the border.“As reported in the company’s annual accounts, we believe that, in the event of Scotland becoming independent and in the absence of a currency union, Lees could be disadvantaged in its dealings with its major UK customers.”Lees won an ongoing tribunal earlier this year, which resulted in the grant of a tax-free status for its snowball product, after they were classed as cakes.
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 27-year-old Roosevelt man has been identified as the man whose dead body was found on the side of Meadowbrook State Parkway in Freeport last week.New York State police are investigating the murder of Kelvin Rolando Cruz Martinez, who was discovered in a wooded area west of the parkway and north of Sunrise Highway on May 8.A day laborer had been found dead in the same woods last year. Nassau County police had found a 46-year-old Hempstead man dead in a nearby Roosevelt preserve two months ago.Police said there a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest in Martinez’ case.Any person with information please contact 631-756-3300 or e-mail tips to [email protected] All calls will be kept confidential.
Braunwyn Windham-Burke and husband Sean Burke have been married for more than 20 years, but it hasn’t always smooth sailing for the Real Housewives of Orange County couple.While Bravo fans met Braunwyn in 2019 when she joined the cast of RHOC for season 14, she started seeing Sean when she was just 18 years old.- Advertisement – Before season 15 of RHOC started airing in October 2020, Braunwyn sparked split speculation as she promoted a Zoom session with a divorce specialist.Scroll through for more on Braunwyn and Sean’s ups and downs: – Advertisement – “I learned [doing the show] that I can’t always rely on my husband,” she explained in a 2019 interview. “I’ve been with my husband since I was 18, so I had to stand on my own two feet for the first time in my entire adult life. And that was not always easy.”Braunwyn and Sean tied the knot in 2000 and went on to welcome seven kids: Bella, Rowan, Jacob, twins Caden and Curren, Koa and Hazel. Before the pair welcomed their twins and youngest daughters, however, they actually separated for a short period of time.“We fought for our family because Sean and I almost got divorced,” Braunwyn recalled on the RHOC aftershow in November 2019. “We’ve been through infidelity. We’ve gone down this road and Sean and I came back stronger.”- Advertisement – While they welcomed four more kids post-split, Braunwyn ruled out welcoming baby No. 8 in 2020, revealing that she underwent two years of IVF to have the couple’s youngest daughter.“We worked very hard for this little one, 2 years of IVF and many losses to get her, but when I look at her huge smile, her eyes that light up and her adorable laugh I can tell you, it’s all worth it,” Braunwyn gushed via Instagram. “She’s the easiest baby we’ve ever had, is best friends with her sister and loves to just follow the others around. I’m so grateful for you, thank you for being a part of our family.”- Advertisement –
The tour has been on hold since the South African Women’s Open finished on March 14, with the next scheduled event the Jabra Ladies Open at the Evian Resort Golf Club in France from June 18-20. Topics : The first women’s professional golf event to be staged in Saudi Arabia has been rescheduled for Oct. 8-11 after it was postponed last month due to the coronavirus pandemic, organizers have confirmed.The Saudi Ladies International, which is part of the Ladies European Tour (LET), will be hosted at the Royal Greens Golf & Country Club with a purse of $1 million, and is the first of its kind to be held in the kingdom.”We have been extremely impressed by Golf Saudi’s commitment to working through the challenges and making this historic event happen,” Alexandra Armas, LET CEO, said in a statement on Tuesday.