Mrs. Juanita Ann (Brown) Richards, age 67, of Vevay, Indiana, entered this life on January 16, 1949, in Madison, Indiana, the daughter of the late, Carl Clayton and Hazel Gertrude (Carver) Brown. She was raised in Switzerland County where she was a 1967 graduate of the Switzerland County High School. Juanita earned her License Practical Nursing Degree in 1970 from Valdosta Technical University in Valdosta, Georgia. After graduation at 11:00 p.m., Juanita was employed where she served as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Emergency Room at the King’s Daughters’ Hospital in Madison, Indiana. Juanita was united in marriage on April 16, 1980 at the Switzerland Baptist Church in Vevay, Indiana, to the late, Ricky D. Hinman. Juanita and Ricky shared nearly 10 years of marriage together until Ricky passed away on January 2, 1990. Juanita was later united in marriage on October 1, 1994, on their Chapel Ridge Farm to Robert H. “Bobby” Richards. Juanita and Bobby shared nearly 22 years of marriage together until her death. In February 2011, Juanita was presented with a plaque for serving 40 years of dedication as a Licensed Practical Nurse at the King’s Daughters’ Hospital. She was a member of the Switzerland Baptist Church in Vevay, Indiana. Juanita enjoyed traveling and crocheting and will be dearly missed by her family and friends. Juanita passed away at 11:38 pm, Sunday, April 10, 2016, at her residence in Vevay, Indiana.Juanita will be dearly missed by her loving husband of nearly 22 years: Robert H. “Bobby” Richards of Vevay, IN; her sons: Dale Richards & his companion: Lynn Schmatz of Vevay, IN, Troy Richards & his wife: Georgia of Vevay, IN, Shane Richards & his wife: Crystal of Carrollton, KY, Todd Richards & his wife: Tracie of Kent, IN & T.J. Richards & his wife: Natasha of Vevay, IN; her grandchildren: Bryan Levell, Justin Levell, Joey Richards, Jaclyn Richards Riley, Matthew Richards, Michael Hall, Brett Hall, Taylor Rowlett, Kassandra Richards, Gabriella Vaught, Chase Rowlett, Zachary Richards, Shalynn Richards, Ty Richards, Teegan Richards & R.J. Cunningham; her great-grandchildren: Carter Levell, Ashton Levell & Kahleigh Riley & her brother: Gordon Brown & his wife: Deanne of Maryland Heights, MO.She was preceded in death by her parents: Carl Clayton Brown, died August 21, 1989 & Hazel Gertrude (Carver) Brown, died August 2, 2010; her 1st husband: Ricky D. Hinman, died January 2, 1990; her paternal grandparents: Anthony Aaron Pete & Rosa Belle (Himelhauer) Brown; her maternal grandparents: Everett Kelso & Marie Gertrude (Cochran) Carver & her cousin: Naomi Blanche Pettit.Funeral services will be conducted Thursday, April 14, 2016, at 11:00 am, by Rev. Ron Lee at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043.Interment will follow in the Chapel Ridge Cemetery, Vevay, Indiana.Friends may call 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Wednesday, April 13, 2016, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043.Memorial contributions may be made to Moorefield Community Fire Department, Bear Branch Volunteer Fire Department or to the Switzerland Baptist Church. Cards are available at the funeral home.
A Florida man who became a video sensation last year after fighting a man in Orlando while dressed as the Easter Bunny has been arrested, according to authorities.Earlier this month, Antoine McDonald was driving a motorcycle when he ran a stop sign and then crashed into a carport before fleeing the scene, the Florida Highway Patrol says. The carport later collapsed onto the vehicle.When deputies went to McDonald’s home, they saw a gray car driving away with McDonald laying in the backseat.When a deputy went to arrest the suspect, he denied being a part of the incident.“I wasn’t in any crash. I’m the Orlando Easter bunny, Google it,” he said, while wearing the same Easter Bunny suit, according to an arrest report.A report in the Orlando Sentinel states that authorities had McDonald remove the costume before arresting him.He is charged with leaving the scene of a crash involving property damage, driving with a suspended license and operating a motorcycle without a license.
(REUTERS) – The Indian cricket board (BCCI) will meet on Sunday to consider an additional revenue offer from the game’s world governing body but regardless of what decision they come to, a Champions Trophy pullout by the holders looks unlikely.Unaccustomed to being snubbed at the International Cricket Council (ICC) meetings, the BCCI was outvoted 13-1 last week in its bid to stall a new revenue model which considerably slashes India’s share from global events in the 2015-2023 cycle.Unimpressed by the $293 million forecast, down from the $570 million it would have received under the 2014 arrangement, the BCCI responded by refusing to name the squad for next month’s Champions Trophy before the April 25 deadline.ICC president Shashank Manohar, a former BCCI chief, has tabled an additional $100 million and the India board will discuss the offer at Sunday’s special general body meeting.The operations of the BCCI are currently being supervised by four court-appointed administrators and the head of the committee, Vinod Rai, told Reuters last week that it was “too early” to comment on a possible pullout of Champions Trophy.Another of the quartet, Ramchandra Guha, has since made it clear he wants India to defend the title they won in 2013 at the June 1-18 tournament in England and Wales.“Speaking in my personal capacity, as a cricket fan, I believe the Indian cricket team must absolutely take part in the Champions Trophy,” Guha, a historian, tweeted.“Boycotting or threatening to boycott a prestigious international tournament does not become a great cricketing nation.”Under the Members Participation Agreement for the Champions Trophy, there is no scope for sanctions for missing the deadline for naming squads.
Much of the afternoon belonged to the stellar play of junior right fielder Shirley Daniels but reminders that it was Senior Day at Syracuse University softball field abounded.Orange and blue streamers were wound around the bleacher railings, as color-coordinated balloons whipped in the wind. A white banner carrying the image of a softball diamond and the jersey numbers — 33, 7, 21, 16, 5 and 4 — of each graduating player superimposed onto their corresponding positions on the field, was draped along the left field fence.Sunday’s 9-4 win against Providence was captain Morgan Nandin’s last-ever game at Syracuse Softball Stadium. The win inched Syracuse into the Big East tournament and gave Syracuse the win it needed to claim the three-game weekend series against Providence.It was a bittersweet adieu for a player who has become a defensive stalwart and fixture of consistency at shortstop over four seasons.“I wish there was like eight years of eligibility,” Nandin said after the game. “I want to keep playing but we ended on a great note.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“I’m really happy with the way I’m playing and it took like four years for me, mentally, to figure out this game. I’ve only figured out 20 percent of it but there’s no way you can figure out this whole game, Nandin said. “It’s tough that it’s coming to an end.”A pre-game ceremony honored each of the graduating players — Emily Thompson, Gabby Torzili, Stacy Kuwik, Ashley Dimon, Ronnie Grant and Nandin, who generated one of the crowd’s loudest responses. Over the press-box intercom, an announcer blared the impressive line of records Nandin accumulated during her time donning a Syracuse jersey — first all-time in games started, second all-time in double plays turned, among them.At the top of the third inning with one out, Nandin provided the home crowd one parting glimpse of the stealth acrobatics that’s become routine over the years. A Providence batter hit the ball between third baseman Corinne Ozanne and Nandin. Nandin dove to the left, ending up on her stomach and containing the ball from traveling any further. Nandin caught a glimpse of the batter, who was half-way to first and made a spot-on throw to first baseman Jasmine Watson for the out.Nandin picked herself up and dusted her dirt-covered knees, remaining straight faced as she resumed her post between second and third. In the rafters, the awestruck crowd wavered between silence and hushed murmurs, unsure of how to respond to the unlikely play.On the field, Nandin didn’t crack a smile — like all the times that came before it, she didn’t let on.“I try and pretend I do those plays all the time. On the inside, I’m like jumping up and down,” she said.Syracuse closed out Senior Day and the season on a high-note but the team knows there’s still work left unfinished. In a season that’s marked by growing pains and adjusting to the departure of key players from last season’s team, Syracuse looks to use the momentum they’ve generated in the last stretch of the season in post-season play.Center fielder Grant said, compared to the start of the regular season, the team’s managed to come together. Grant closed out the game by sliding to snag a fly ball for the Providence’s final seventh inning out — a fitting end for her final game at Syracuse’s softball stadium.“I wanted it … I knew that was a big hitter. I really wanted the ball,” she said, as a smile broke across her face. Comments Published on May 5, 2013 at 6:35 pm Contact Debbie: [email protected] | @debbietruong Facebook Twitter Google+ Related Stories Daniels carries Syracuse into Big East tournament with standout Senior Day performance
Vbet sponsors AS Monaco as Ligue 1 kicks off new season August 24, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Share Winamax maintains Granada CF sponsorship despite bleak Spanish outlook August 19, 2020 FDJ’s ParionsSport launches sponsorship programme for French amateur football August 24, 2020 Related Articles The executive committee of France Galop, the governing body of French horseracing, has reported group-wide losses of €21 million as part of its 2018 accounts.France Galop, who shares ownership of French racing operator PMU alongside counterpart Le Trot Francais, details that 2018 horseracing revenues were significantly down on forecasted targets.“The net result of the PMU for 2018 is set at €757 million against €792.7 million in 2017 and €802.6 million anticipated in the budget,” read the France Galop update.Closing its 2018 accounts, France Galop’s executive committee has backed the ‘revitalisation and cost savings’ programme put forward by new PMU Director General Cyril Linette.Leading a new PMU executive team, Cyril Linette targets reducing corporate expenditure by €28 million, reducing the betting group’s payroll and wholesale operating costs.Further directives see Linette refocus the PMU on revitalising its French retail networks, with the racing operator closing down its Gavea, Rio de Janeiro racetrack, booking-in an €11 million write-down for its Brazilian asset.Having undertaken a review of PMU assets and structures, Linette seeks to revitalise the French legacy bookmaker by revamping PMU rewards for regular racing punters, whilst redeveloping French racing’s ‘Quinté +’ pool betting system.Seeking to reverse declining metrics, France Galop details that PMU ambitions will be significantly boosted by reopening of a revamped Paris Longchamp racecourse, delivering PMU new ticketing, sponsorship and hospitality opportunities.Supporting French horseracing’s revitalisation, the PMU has launched a nationwide marketing campaign, informing the general public of racing events, whilst raising awareness of France Galop and Le Trot social initiatives. Submit
WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush’s 2007 budget proposes spending more than $2.7 trillion, showering big increases on defense and homeland security and a smattering of other favored programs such as scientific research, education and energy. At the same time, Bush’s blueprint being submitted to Congress today proposes shrinking or eliminating 141 programs while trimming $36 billion from Medicare over the next five years. The plan for the budget year that will begin Oct. 1 lays out a path to achieving two of the president’s chief domestic goals: making his first-term tax cuts permanent – they are set to expire after 2010 – and cutting the deficit in half by 2009, the year Bush will leave office. Details about the plan come from public statements, such as Bush’s State of the Union address last week, and interviews with officials familiar with the budget proposal who spoke on condition of anonymity because they did not want to pre-empt the president’s announcement today. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card The budget’s arrival on Capitol Hill will set off months of intense debate, made even more contentious by congressional elections in November, when Democrats hope to wrest congressional control from the Republicans. While Congress is expected to reshape Bush’s proposals significantly, Republicans voiced support for the blueprint’s objectives. “The American people know that our government’s too big and it spends too much, and they expect Congress to do something about it,” newly elected House Majority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” Senate Budget Committee Chairman Judd Gregg, R-N.H., said that the administration’s proposal to trim Medicare is a “toe in the water” in the effort to get the costs of programs like Social Security and Medicare under control before 78 million baby boomers begin to retire. “The big issue is entitlement reform, and the fact that they are proceeding in that direction is a good thing to hear,” he said. Democrats sought to portray Bush’s budget as an election-year campaign document rather than an honest effort to deal with exploding deficits. The budget proposal’s release comes only weeks before the national debt will hit the current limit of $8.18 trillion, requiring Congress to vote for an increase to keep the government operating. “This budget is just detached from reality,” Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota, the top Democrat on the Senate Budget Committee, said in an interview Sunday. “The debt is exploding, and the president isn’t facing up to it.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Britain’s Andy Murray has his best chance of winning the French Open this year, according to American great John McEnroe. (Also Read: Djokovic, Serena face overtime as finals beckon)The second seed, who beat world number one Novak Djokovic to claim the Italian Open on clay in Rome last month, faces defending champion Stan Wawrinka in the semi-finals at Roland Garros later on Friday.The 29-year-old Scot will be hoping to advance to the final for a first time after tasting semi-final defeat three times previously and with nine-times French Open champion Rafael Nadal out through injury, Murray’s chances have greatly improved.”Maybe Andy’s best chance to win the French ever could be this year,” said seven-times major winner McEnroe, who is working as a commentator in Paris.”I don’t know if he’s going to be able to keep this up, so to me he has got his best shot ever.”He has arguably been coming up against the three greatest guys who ever lived. So he has gotten a lot better and he can take pride in that. He can still add on a couple of majors.”I think he is doing everything he can. I don’t know him that well, certainly not enough to see his day-to-day. But Andy’s had an incredibly consistent record in the slams.”Murray has won eight of his 15 encounters against Switzerland’s Wawrinka.Serbia’s Djokovic, who like Murray has never won the French Open, takes on Austrian Dominic Thiem in the other semi-final on Friday.advertisement