The 2019 Voodoo Music + Arts Experience will feature headlining performances from Guns N’ Roses, Post Malone, and Beck when it takes place at City Park in New Orleans, LA on October 25th-27th this fall. Announced on Tuesday, Voodoo Fest’s initial 2019 lineup also features Brandi Carlile, Bassnectar, The National, ZHU, and more.Related: Governors Ball Organizers Address Sunday Cancelation, Announce Reddit AMAFans who head to New Orleans for this year’s Voodoo Fest will see and hear over 65 performances across four stages throughout the Halloween weekend from artists like Interpol, Young The Giant, Big Gigantic, Moon Taxi, The Glitch Mob, Hippo Campus, Jai Wolf, Japanese Breakfast, Elohim, Temples, and Sheck Wes, just to name a few. In addition to the music, Voodoo Fest attendees will also get the chance to experience the event’s interactive haunted house, immersive large-scale art installations, and of course some of the best culinary options New Orleans can provide.3-Day GA and VIP tickets go on sale starting this Thursday, June 6th, at 10 a.m. CT. Head to the event website for more information.
View Comments Get out your rainbow flags, pants, suspenders and tank tops, because the Supreme Court has officially ruled that the Constitution grants same-sex marriage as a nationwide right. WOOHOO! Congratulations to all of our LGBT friends! The Great White Way has become the Great Rainbow Way, and our favorite gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender characters in Broadway musicals are spending the day celebrating. Jump for joy with Angel, Lola, Hedwig, the Priscilla gals and more!
Here’s a quick roundup of stories you may have missed today.Don’t Raid the Oh, Hello StarsMove over, Lea Michele the Goat. John Mulaney and Nick Kroll, who wrapped up their Broadway debuts in Oh, Hello last month, are the latest to receive the honor of having two Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches to be named in their honor at the Bronx Zoo. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the success of your recent Broadway run than having two cockroaches named after you. Congratulations? Sam Rockwell Joins Lily Rabe FilmBroadway alum Sam Rockwell will star in the dramedy We’re Just Married, joining the previously announced Lily Rabe and Chris Messina, Variety reports. The Rodrigo Garcio-helmed project was first announced in 2012. Rabe’s father, Tony winner David Rabe, has penned the script. The movie is set in the 1970s and follows a tempestuous love triangle between a couple in a dwindling marriage and their neighbor. No word yet on a production timeline or release.Tony Awards Win Directors Guild AwardWhile the 2017 Tony Awards are just four months away (not that we’re counting), last year’s ceremony just received a special honor. Glenn Weiss and his directing team have won a Directors Guild Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Variety/Talk/News/Sports-Specials. This marks his seventh win for the Tonys, having won previously in 2007, 2010, 2011 2012, 2013 and 2015. Catch Weiss’ work once more at the 71st annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 11. Woke up to this letter. Thanks Wildlife Conservation Society and Bronx Zoo! No matter what happens @nickkroll and I will survive as Roaches. pic.twitter.com/nx4d7oSGi1— John Mulaney (@mulaney) February 6, 2017 View Comments John Mulaney & Nick Kroll(Photo: Emilio Madrid-Kuser)
Dec 29, 2005 (CIDRAP News) – China has recorded its seventh human case of H5N1 avian influenza, involving a 41-year-old factory worker who died Dec 21, according to the Chinese news service Xinhua.The victim was a woman surnamed Zhou who lived in Sanming City in the eastern province of Fujian, Xinhua reported today. She became ill with fever and pneumonia on Dec 6 and was hospitalized 2 days later.Samples from the patient initially tested negative for the virus, but later tests by provincial and national laboratories were positive, the report said.The Chinese Ministry of Health said no poultry outbreak of H5N1 was reported near where Zhou lived, according to Xinhua. The report did not suggest how she might have contracted the virus.People who were in close contact with the patient are under medical observation, and no problems have been seen so far, the report said.China’s previous six human cases have been widely scattered, including two deaths in Anhui province and nonfatal cases in Hunan, Liaoning, and Jiangxi provinces, plus Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Xinhua said. The last previous case was reported Dec 16 in a 35-year-old man from Jiangxi; the outcome has not yet been announced.The World Health Organization’s current overall human case count stands at 141, including 73 deaths, not counting the Chinese case reported today.A trial of a human H5N1 vaccine developed in China began Dec 21 with six volunteers, Xinhua reported. “The whole trials will need nine months of tests, but initial results are expected within the first three,” the story said.China has reported 31 outbreaks of H5N1 avian flu in poultry so far this year, according to Xinhua. Twenty-six of those have occurred since Oct 19, an Associated Press report said.
Video Settings Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE ‘I was kind of surprised to read Monchi say at his press conference that he wanted to go one way and I wanted to go another way,’ said Pallotta.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I appreciate that Monchi never set out to fail at Roma but I want to make something very clear; right from the start, I was very clear about the direction I wanted us to go in and that’s why we spent a lot of money bringing Monchi in. Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling Top articles Advertisement Read More PLAY Advertisement Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 19 Mar 2019 4:16 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link / Read More Comment Monchi has completed his move to Roma (Getty Images)‘From the start, I said I wanted first-class coaches, first-class performance staff, first-class medical staff, first-class scouting and recruitment and a first-class football organisation.‘I gave Monchi the keys to deliver that. I gave him 100 percent control to appoint the coach he wanted, to employ the assistant coaches and the performance staff, to manage the scouting and to bring in the players he wanted.‘If you look at our results and our performances, it’s clear that this hasn’t worked.‘In November, when our season was going from bad to worse and everyone could see that the coach was struggling to get a reaction out of the players, I asked Monchi for his Plan B should things continue to get worse.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘He had sole responsibility for football operations at Roma but he didn’t have a Plan B. That was November. He said his Plan B was just to keep doing the same as Plan A.‘So, if I read or listen to the radio interviews he’s giving where he says that the idea of the ownership was different to his and that is why he left, please let me know what Monchi wanted to do differently?‘He asked me to trust him and let him do it his way. We gave him complete control and now we have more injuries than we’ve ever had and are in danger of missing out on finishing in the top three [in Serie A] for the first time since 2014.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Skip 1/1 1 min. story Read More Read More SPONSORED Skip Ad About Connatix V67539 Coming Next Monchi did not have a Plan B, says Roma president James Pallotta (Getty Images)Roma president James Pallotta has slammed Monchi following the Spaniard’s return to Sevilla.Monchi joined Roma nearly two years ago but has now left the Serie A side to move back to his former club as their sporting director.The 50-year-old appeared on course to join Arsenal before he decided to snub the Gunners and re-join Sevilla.And Pallotta has hit out at Monchi for his decision to criticise Roma’s hierarchy.ADVERTISEMENT by Metro Roma chief slams Monchi after he snubs Arsenal to join Sevilla Read More Full Screen
WWE fans loved Arsenal coming out to Triple H’s theme song during Liverpool win Time to play the game (Photo: WWE)After picking up the three points, another fan suggested: ‘Triple H theme song should be Arsenal’s home theme song our defenders should spit out water before entering the pitch.‘I swear we would be untouchable with Arteta look what spirit that song gave us. What a win.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalHowever, what Arsenal fans don’t seem to have realised yet is Triple H himself has actually gone on record in the past and revealed he supports London rivals West Ham.He’s even compared the Hammers to WWE itself, previously insisting: ‘West Ham is probably the closest to what we do, with the passion of their fan base and their loyalty, right? That’s the closest to what we do.’Got a story?If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.MORE: Mikel Arteta sends message to Arsenal board and points out ‘big concern’ after Liverpool winMORE: WWE’s Nikki Cross on Bella Twins dream match and channelling New Day with Alexa Bliss Alistair McGeorgeThursday 16 Jul 2020 1:30 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link12Shares The Gunners got a boost from The GameIt’s all about the game, and how you play it!WWE fans are used to seeing Triple H step out as the legendary star’s theme music plays – and they couldn’t get enough of it as Arsenal came out to the track during Wednesday’s clash with Liverpool.The Gunners were leading 2-1 at the break during last night’s match with the Premier League champions, and as the team took to the pitch for the second half they were accompanied by a familiar tune.The players jogged back onto the pitch with the sound of WWE legend Triple H’s entrance music blaring out of the Emirates PA system – which has become a regular occurrence over the past few years.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTNot surprisingly, fans were delighted by the move with Arsenal blasting out The Game by Motorhead – which was recorded specifically for the wrestling superstar – as the Arsenal side got ready for the next 45 minutes. Advertisement Comment Triple H has arrived in the Emirates pic.twitter.com/bv6PyNppGp— MR10x â¨ (@MR10__x) July 15, 2020One supporter quipped: ‘Anyone else hear Triple H theme tune before the second half of the Arsenal v Liverpool game.‘Was expecting him to come storming down the tunnel spitting water every where.’Some fans figured the song had done the trick as the Gunners secured a big win over Liverpool, who have been dropping points since securing their first ever Premier League title. Advertisement
John Fredriksen’s Northern Drilling has found a firm 6-well contract for its harsh environment drilling rig West Mira with Wintershall.The drilling firm said on Wednesday afternoon that the harsh-environment rig would be used for drilling at Wintershall’s Nova field. The contract is expected to start in March 2020. The contract value is estimated at around $106 million.The Wintershall contract also includes options for early start beginning from early Q3 2019 as well as follow-on options after the firm contract period. Wintershall Norge has options to use the rig for up to 10 additional wells on its other operated assets or for exploration activities.Should all options be exercised, West Mira is expected to be contracted to Wintershall until Q1 2022.“The day rates for parts of the optional period will be based on a market-indexed rate which enables NODL to benefit from the expected tightening of the harsh environment market with a drilling rig well positioned on the NCS,” NODL said.Seadrill to manage the rig Northern Drilling also used the opportunity to announce that it has entered into a Heads of Agreement with Seadrill Global Services Ltd, a subsidiary of Seadrill Ltd for an operating agreement for West Mira under the Wintershall Contract.The Wintershall contract has been awarded to Seadrill Norway Operations Ltd. a subsidiary of Seadrill Ltd who will operate West Mira on Northern Drilling’s behalf, Northern Drilling said.“This is another major milestone for the Nova project. With the procurement of this modern rig, we now have in place one of the final pieces of the puzzle that will allow us to build this field and deliver first oil from Nova in 2021,” said Hugo Dijkgraaf, Wintershall Norge Managing Director.Nova will be developed as a subsea tie-back connecting two templates to the nearby Gjøa platform for processing and export. Gjøa will also provide lift gas to the field and water injection for pressure support in the reservoir. Power for the Nova field comes via the Gjøa platform from shore.The West Mira is a newly built sixth generation rig designed to operate in all weather conditions. It will drill six wells on the Nova field, at a water depth of around 370 meters. The contract includes incentives to reward Seadrill for efficient and safe operations.Also, Northern Drilling said it had applied for a transfer of listing from Oslo Axess to Oslo Børs and expects the transfer to be completed by July 3, should the application be approved. A listing at Oslo Børs is expected to further increase the liquidity in the trading of the company’s shares.Related:<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>
Emergency management and wreck removal company Ardent plans to refocus its strategy away from decommissioning towards its core business of emergency management and wreck removal. The company, created in 2015 through the merger of Svitzer Salvage and Titan Salvage, started its business by offering a comprehensive portfolio of services ranging from traditional salvage to a full range of emergency management services, project-related work, offshore decommissioning and underwater services.Its decommissioning business included removal of topsides, substructures as well as plugging of wells and their abandonment, dismantling of platform structures and their disposal as well as seabed remediation.The company did not disclose the reason behind its decision.However, there are many challenges in the decommissioning of offshore infrastructure including high costs, shifting time-tables as well as the duration of projects which tend to be prolonged due to various factors, including regulatory delays. The North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico remain the top candidate regions for decommissioning jobs as aging platforms are retired and approved for dismantling. Nevertheless, the progress in this sector is pretty slow, even though 2019 has been marked as a bumper year for decommissioning jobs with 23 projects signed off for dismantling.Ardent will also move its headquarter from Houston, USA, to Ijmuiden, the Netherlands, where the new CEO, Oliver Timofei, and CFO, Jens Jaeger, are based. The moves have been ascribed to the desire to make Ardent more customer-centric.The company said it plans to continue to provide its Global Preparedness Cover offerings as well as its OPA90 SMFF services for the USA.“Ardent is well-positioned to build its position as one of the global, market leading emergency management and wreck removal companies. We have over the last two years successfully executed on average over 25 major cases per year,” Oliver Timofei, CEO, who previously served as Vice President – Emergency Management, commented.“Ardent is committed to successfully execute all current decommissioning projects in implementation and going forward will focus selectively on subsea and decom projects that fit with Ardent’s core business.”Ardent has four major response hubs in the Netherlands, USA, Singapore and Australia as well as offices in Korea, Brazil, South Africa and the UK.
Thunder vs. Glory.4-10Player of game for Thunder. Natasha Fowler For Glory. Annie Negovetich.Force vs. Bandits.6-12Force player of game. Savannah JamesBandits player of game. Zoey MeyersCourtesy of Amber Lecher.
JADA Mohan, the country’s leading junior female basketball player, turned in another sensational all-round performance to lead Marian Academy to the finals of the Girls’ regional finals where they will play President’s College in the National Schools Basketball Festival.Behind Mohan’s 13 points and seven steals, Marian Academy brushed aside the St Rose’s High Girls 18-7 in a game where Renuka Ramcharran scored two points and grabbed sixJada Mohanrebounds.Kellian Sauers also scored two points and hauled in five rebounds for Marian Academy, while for the losing team, Jamaica Blair netted four points, coupled with four rebounds and four steals.Meanwhile, Plaisance Secondary overwhelmed Tutorial High School 63-32 points to confirm their favourites status and booked a trip to the semi-finals of the Boys’ U-19 category.Andrew Johnson top-scored with 19 points, Nigel Bowen recorded 12 points, 13 rebounds and five steals and Reuben Reid added 10 points and 8 rebounds for Plaisance Secondary, who will face President’s College on Thursday.President’s College edged St Rose’s High in a 55-53 nail-biting victory to clinched a semi-final spot.Anthon Fileen had a game-high 29 points in the East Coast Demerara-based team’s win, while being supported by Akeem Crandon’s ten points and eight rebounds.For St Rose’s, Anthony Yansen dropped an entertaining 25 points, seven boards and six steals performance, but that was not enough to help his side advance.In the other U-19 match on the day, the Government Technical Institute proved too strong for the Adult Education side, demolishing them 62-39.Shamar Huntly (14 points, seven rebounds), Nickosie Allicock (14) and Richard Telford (10 points, 14 rebounds) were the top performers for GTI, who will face Marian Academy in the semi-finals.Marian Academy sealed a place in the U-19 semi-finals a with 59-21 points win over the Bishops’ High School, thanks to a dominating showing by Timothy Thompson.Thompson literally controlled the court, in his end-to-end performance where he not only shot a game-high 25 points, but had 24 rebounds in the process.Jahleel Young chipped in with 14 points, 19 rebounds and Jether Harris and Josiah Daniels scored seven points apiece for Marian Academy.Joshua Smith (seven points) and Andre Somrah (six points, five rebounds) were the top scorers for Bishops’ High.The Under-19 semi-finals will see President’s College take on Plaisance Secondary from 17:00hrs and GTI battle Marian Academy on Thursday at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.The Georgetown/East Coast Regional finals are set for Friday, June 30 from 16:30hrs.The tournament is sponsored by Edward B. Beharry Group of Companies Ltd and the National Sports Commission (NSC).